Where to go

Guest51810

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will probably change a million times before September but right now the rough plan is to land in Perth sometime in the week between the 7th and the 12th. Spend a week exploring Perth and then try and find some regional work if I can. Otherwise just normal work. Do that till just before Christmas/new year and then hopefully go to Sydney. Not sure how long I'll stay there but after that make my way up to see @The Pom Queen in cairns [emoji4]

Guest The Pom Queen
This will probably change a million times before September but right now the rough plan is to land in Perth sometime in the week between the 7th and the 12th. Spend a week exploring Perth and then try and find some regional work if I can. Otherwise just normal work. Do that till just before Christmas/new year and then hopefully go to Sydney. Not sure how long I'll stay there but after that make my way up to see @The Pom Queen in cairns [emoji4]

Sounds good to me. You can come here for Christmas if you want unless you have thousands of hunky guys you rather be with.

Guest The Pom Queen

Stacey if you are here in September maybe you could tag along on a BobJ trip. You would learn all there is to know about the outback whilst seeing the most beautiful places. If the little one wasn't at school I could travel 365 days of the year with him and learn something new everyday.

Stacey if you are here in September maybe you could tag along on a BobJ trip. You would learn all there is to know about the outback whilst seeing the most beautiful places. If the little one wasn't at school I could travel 365 days of the year with him and learn something new everyday.

Where is he going? Maybe he won't want a moaning jock like me tagging along lol

Sounds good to me. You can come here for Christmas if you want unless you have thousands of hunky guys you rather be with.

Sorry thought I'd replied to this. Did you not say your or robs parents come over? I couldn't distrupt your Xmas like that! Lovely offer though :hug:

Lol I won't know any guys never mind hunky ones :laugh: Just have to hope I find a group of friends to spend Xmas with. I'll probably end up having a sandwich for Xmas dinner!

One of my favourite places in WA is Exmouth - the four of us were the only people on the beach other than the giant turtles that had come to shore.

That's my idea of heaven. I'm not that keen on spending my whole time in a pub or anywhere like that, not that I could afford it anyway. I want to see as much nature as possible.. As long as the snakes and spiders keep a respectful distance from me lol

You've got me worried now :( I wasn't planning on going anywhere really really remote. I'll just have to hope I can find a way to get to places if there's no bus

I didn't want to worry you but being able to drive would certainly make getting around easier. Buses/trains etc will certainly get you to 'destinations' but they won't necessarily get you to the exact things you want to see (if that makes sense). Tours will get you to those things but seeing Aust with tour operators isn't going to be cheap.

I'll just have to make do. I won't be able to afford to do lessons and pass in time, it's going to be a struggle to even pay for the trip. Plus to be honest I would never be confident enough to drive in a new country anyway. When I was doing my lessons I was very nervous. I'll just have to use the buses and maybe i can get a lift to more remote places

I'll just have to make do. I won't be able to afford to do lessons and pass in time, it's going to be a struggle to even pay for the trip. Plus to be honest I would never be confident enough to drive in a new country anyway. When I was doing my lessons I was very nervous. I'll just have to use the buses and maybe i can get a lift to more remote places

Getting a lift sounds like a good idea and you will probably find more than one PIO member will offer to take you to some of the more off the beaten track places :)

Stace are you on Pinterest? If you put Australia into the search function it comes up with lots of great places to visit and has some beautiful photos.

I don't have an account but I think it let's me on without one because I've went on one or two pages. I've liked quite a few Australia tourism pages on FB so quite often things come up. I'll check out Pinterest though. I've also got a Australia and nz travel brochure that I got from Thomas cook lol

Exmouth has been on the backpacker fb page before with backpackers looking for others to go as a group and share costs so I might be okay

I don't have an account but I think it let's me on without one because I've went on one or two pages. I've liked quite a few Australia tourism pages on FB so quite often things come up. I'll check out Pinterest though. I've also got a Australia and nz travel brochure that I got from Thomas cook lol

Exmouth has been on the backpacker fb page before with backpackers looking for others to go as a group and share costs so I might be okay

Just a warning watch out for a guy called mick Taylor. If you do come across him run. He likes backpackers lol.

Just a warning watch out for a guy called mick Taylor. If you do come across him run. He likes backpackers lol.

I don't run fast lol I hope my gran hasn't heard of him, last year she was already going on about that sort of stuff or that I'd come back addicted to drugs or something :laugh: