189 visa lodged in july 2014

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, i consulted an agent, but they wanted so much money..6,000. So i said not thanks and did it myself. Yeah its a little more work, but essentially you are doing the same. the agent just tells you what you need but you still have to gather yourself. Of course the agent can word things better and things like that, but i found it not worth 6,000, especially with all the information available online to do it yourself. Horses for courses

Hi Steveinmunich

6,000 is absolutely too much! I only paid 1,500 for three people ( myself, my husband and my daughter). Different agents charge at different rate.

Going by the visa tracker it looks like they are still going through applicants that applied at the end of june and you are only a few days after, hopefully your time will be next week

I have my fingers crossed for you xxx

yeah..i will blame my anxiety on the visa tracker. I thought i am up next and called DIBP just to hear that there is CO allocated but that wasn't the case..looking at the tracker, i think there are still lot of people who applied in June specially around the 3rd and 4th week who are yet to get a grant..going by it it looks like may be the week after the next is when we can expect a case officer to be allocated to people who applied in july 1st week

Edited by VIP

Hey VIP. Just noticed your entry on the visa tracker. Has your attachment checklist updated itself to 'received' for the documents you re-uploaded? Iv tried it a few times and it still comes up as 'required'...

Nope it doesn't..i checked with the DIBP as well and they could not see the doc that i uploaded.. so gonna give it a shot again today, if it doesn't get through will just wait for the CO to ask for it and then email it to him..do you know of a generic email address where we can send the docs to DIBP?

Oh dear...that's not good...Unfortunately I don't know an email address either. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask them and I'll let you know!

i asked but the lady on the phone didn't know either..also call on 61731367000..no wait time..you will have to wait at least 1 hour on 131881..

Edited by VIP

Oh! thats a long wait VIP.... We have lodged on 17/7 and were under the impression that we might have been allotted co (and waiting for a direct grant.... too much optimism i guess). My brother had lodged in april first week and had a grant in 10 weeks...

Narendra, if you look at the spreadsheet, April & May was the best time to lodge the application.. people got their grants within a month and CO allocation is about 2 weeks... things have changed since May..sigh!!

Hi engineerbrazil welcome to the forum :)

looks like you applied a few days before so fingers crossed we will hear in the same week and wont b too much longer

xx

Let's really hope it'll not take long.

I'm going to Sydney in Nov. 28th and will stay there until Dec.31.

The idea is to know a little about the city, do what can be done to initiate all necessary documents (TFN, MediCare, Bank Account, etc) and come back to Brazil, do all final arrangements, quit my job and go to Sydney to look for a job.

Only after all this my wife and babies will go to Oz.

Fingers crossed guys!

Curiosity: my flight from London Heathrow to Sydney will be on a Qantas A380! So excited! Hahaha

Guys, got the most pleasant surprise of my life this morning.. Finally the wait is over.. Got a direct grant today morning!! Co team Brisbane team 32

Wow congrats VIP, sooo happy for you :)

So it looks like they are going through the July visa applications now, so hopefully wont be long until the rest of us

When are you looking at heading to Ause?

xxx

Wow congrats VIP, sooo happy for you :)

So it looks like they are going through the July visa applications now, so hopefully wont be long until the rest of us

When are you looking at heading to Ause?

xxx

thanks Keighley!! well planning to head to Melbourne around the last week of october. Also i checked the other forums and atleast a couple more Julyites have got their grants today..so things have started rolling for July candidates..sit tight and enjoy!!:laugh:

Guys, got the most pleasant surprise of my life this morning.. Finally the wait is over.. Got a direct grant today morning!! Co team Brisbane team 32

Congratulations VIP!! You didn't update your signature so just wondering if you were notified when you got a CO and were you asked for Form 80 etc. Bit of background info would be ideal please :wink: