189 visa lodged in july 2014

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!

i'm actually new in this forum. So glad to have a thread for July applicants. Me and my husband have lodged our application last 15th of July. Until now still got no CO assigned. So worried.. We're actually looking forward to transfer to Qld or Perth by October.. Hope everything goes well for all of us..!

Hi all. We are currently doing our EOI, and have a query regarding the family members section. There are 5 of us. My wife (applicant), me & our 3 kids.

Should we put 4 family members, our kids and me, or do we put 3 family members plus 1 spouse, to be included in the visa application?

Sorry if this is an odd question, but we are wary of filling this in wrong

Any advice gratefully received

We have some specific questions regarding and EOI. Can anyone give advice?

I have worked for the same employer since October 2003, different jobs within the same occupation. I have only worked 3.5 years above 20 hours per week and 6 months of this was Mat leave (leaving only 29 months of work >20hours)

I don't want to claim points for work experience as I can't prove I have met the requirements specified (>20 hours per week for over 3 years). Do I leave the employment part blank or tick employment details not correct on next page of EOI?

ANMAC assessed my skills as average of 22 hours from Oct 2003-May 2014 but I have read this doesn't guarantee DIAC will approve the same. Don't want to take any risks of having application rejected on grounds that I can't prove work experience

So, what we would like to know is, on the EOI form, do we just leave all work experience off? It asks for is to put this in, but this bit can be removed.

Essentially, we just want to lodge 60 points

this is made up of:

age - 25

qualifications - 15

IELTS - 20

thanks!

Please help me and @robley !! :)

Thanks - Matt & Nic

Edited by Captain Roberto

Hi guys!

i'm actually new in this forum. So glad to have a thread for July applicants. Me and my husband have lodged our application last 15th of July. Until now still got no CO assigned. So worried.. We're actually looking forward to transfer to Qld or Perth by October.. Hope everything goes well for all of us..!

You need to include all 5 but indicating whether each of them will accompany you to Aussie

hi all,

Good day!!!

Me & my wife submitted on the 10th of July...All docs including PCC & Medi front loaded..

Form 80 to be uploaded..

Fingers crossed for an email from CO or if we are lucky a Direct grant :wink:

Can somebody give the method to creating the timeline in the signature(at the end of each post as i have seen in certain members posts)

So that we all can see without having to scroll the whole thread..

Good luck to all

cheers

Hi again. Since we posted the request for info we have now completed our EOI.

How do we check on progress? Do you need to log in to skillselect to check progress or do they also send emails?

hi matthewrobers,

If your skill select says its submitted..Then you have to wait..

Check when is the next allocation date for skill select.If your a candidate with high points (70) it is highly likely you would get selected in the next round of invitation.If not you will have to wait in the que.As priority is given firstly to the points and then to the date of submitting the application..

Somewhere in the skill select site there is a table where it shows the the date where all 60 point applicants have been invited to apply(http://www.immi.gov.au/Work/Pages/SkillSelect/results/28-july-2014.aspx). So if your 60 points you will have to wait till all of the applicants in the que (based on date of submission) with 60 points get invited before you get an invite..

Hope this helps..pl note this is based on my one time experience and I do not consider my self an expert

Cheers

@neero700

Ah thanks. It's good to know. Seems like it could take around 3 weeks-ish. We wouldn't mind a week or two where we didn't have to do too much (visa holiday!)

Although I do have to prep a form 80. I used to travel extensively with work until 6 years ago, so I need to try and remember everywhere i went. That should be fun!

Hey Guys, I lodged my application on the 21st of July and front loaded everything (well as much as I could!) and attached my form 80 and birth certificate a week ago. However it doesn't look like they have acknowledged it as it still hasn't showed up as 'received' on the check list.(Usually I get the 'received' after a day or two) And all of a sudden yesterday, a link showed up under where the 'Health requirement' used to be.... asking me to fill out FORM 80. Has anyone else been prompted to fill out Form 80?

Hey Guys, I lodged my application on the 21st of July and front loaded everything (well as much as I could!) and attached my form 80 and birth certificate a week ago. However it doesn't look like they have acknowledged it as it still hasn't showed up as 'received' on the check list.(Usually I get the 'received' after a day or two) And all of a sudden yesterday, a link showed up under where the 'Health requirement' used to be.... asking me to fill out FORM 80. Has anyone else been prompted to fill out Form 80?

I haven't seen a request to complete the Form 80 and thought this was only randomly requested from a CO. Have you checked your email (and junk folder!) for any contact with a Case Officer? Or check the correspondence bit in your immiaccount?

I haven't seen a request to complete the Form 80 and thought this was only randomly requested from a CO. Have you checked your email (and junk folder!) for any contact with a Case Officer? Or check the correspondence bit in your immiaccount?

Nope :( Iv been checking it 8 million times a day incl my junk folder....No correspondence or any sign of a CO. I doubt I have a CO yet, they are only just sifting through the June applicants. Maybe Im one of those random unlucky ones, but its funny coz I had already uploaded form 80 4 days before that link appeared...

Nope :( Iv been checking it 8 million times a day incl my junk folder....No correspondence or any sign of a CO. I doubt I have a CO yet, they are only just sifting through the June applicants. Maybe Im one of those random unlucky ones, but its funny coz I had already uploaded form 80 4 days before that link appeared...

Strange. Or maybe you're one of those random lucky ones who get's a CO early! I think I'd upload my Form80 again at the link just to be on the safe side!!

Strange. Or maybe you're one of those random lucky ones who get's a CO early! I think I'd upload my Form80 again at the link just to be on the safe side!!

Oh the link says 'Complete character particulars etc etc for this applicant' When you click on it, it directs you to fill out form 80, which you need to save and reattach it to the checklist. Which I have done....twice....the CO is probably going to think im 'special'....:P

Keeping fingers crossed because my situation is a bit complicated. Im on a WHV and want to continue working with the same company and therefore applied for 189 so that my husband who is currently in the US can come and join me. Maybe the Immi Dept thought my application was Whaaaack and wanted me to do Form 80 just to understand what the situation is...

And thanks Shellyk666 Im pretty sure by the end of next week you WILL HAVE that grant!!

Edited by semicharmed13

hi all,

Good day!!!

Me & my wife submitted on the 10th of July...All docs including PCC & Medi front loaded..

Form 80 to be uploaded..

Fingers crossed for an email from CO or if we are lucky a Direct grant :wink:

Can somebody give the method to creating the timeline in the signature(at the end of each post as i have seen in certain members posts)

So that we all can see without having to scroll the whole thread..

Good luck to all

cheers

Go into settings at the top of the page. Then signature settings on left hand bar and you can then add a timeline.

Good luck with application

Oh the link says 'Complete character particulars etc etc for this applicant' When you click on it, it directs you to fill out form 80, which you need to save and reattach it to the checklist. Which I have done....twice....the CO is probably going to think im 'special'....:P

Keeping fingers crossed because my situation is a bit complicated. Im on a WHV and want to continue working with the same company and therefore applied for 189 so that my husband who is currently in the US can come and join me. Maybe the Immi Dept thought my application was Whaaaack and wanted me to do Form 80 just to understand what the situation is...

And thanks Shellyk666 Im pretty sure by the end of next week you WILL HAVE that grant!!

thanks @semicharmed13

i hope so! Good luck xx

Lodged my 189 visa on 15th July, front-loaded everything including form 80, just waiting for a CO. Has any lucky one got CO assigned to already? I have a feeling it will be these two weeks but it's friday already :/

I lodged one day earlier than you and still no news... Sigh... Tired of waiting

Hi Everyone....

I have applied on 28/07/2014 and did medicals on 19/08/2014.... Its good to see that there are many people who is waiting for the visa, so that we all can share ideas, thoughts and suggestions...........

Hi there

I elodged my application on the last day of July. And have been waiting for 5 weeks. Hope i will be assigned a CO soon.

Hi hesper521

I am in exactly the same position as you, applied on the 31st of July

so also been waiting for 5 weeks like yourself, I have an migration agent that said providing the co has everything they need we could have our visas in 10 weeks so i would say around the 1st week of october. I keep a daily check on the visa tracker and it looks like most people that applied in june have got their visas in the 10-11 week range

hope that helps

the waiting is def the hardest part xxx