Gem

Hi guys,

I am looking for some advice!

I am from Scotland as is my partner. We have both been in Oz on working holiday visas 2 years ago but are desperate to move to Oz permanently. Our issue is that we 1. Need to prove that we are a couple and 2. Save up a reasonable amount of money to attempt to go for the visa etc.

Is is there any way we can speed this up a bit? We are both 26 and want to start our life over there ASAP. Are there any companies who sponsor?

Any information ion is appreciated! Gem

I'd suggest looking at your qualifications and see if you qualify for PR, which would probably be your best option. Proving you as a couple would be things like a list of your relationship, i.e. when you met, where you've been together, photos, rental agreements, anything joint i.e. bills etc - search on this site for details on proving a relationship I'm sure there will be plenty of advice

good luck

Cal

To prove you're a couple, documents such as the lease agreement in both your names, car insurance in both names, joint bank account or credit cards, beneficiary on each others wills or retirement funds, etc.

As far as getting a visa, your best bet is to look at the skilled migration visas such as 189 or 190. Getting an employer to sponsor you is incredibly difficult as most prefer to hire people who can already legally work here.

Archived