Will smoking marijuana compromise a 457 visa app @ blood/urine test stage?

nomadwanderer

Good Morning All

At the time of applying for a 457 visa (after the approved sponsor employer has received confirmation of his/her nomination ap) I am to understand one must engage in a blood test and urine test. I am to understand the blood test is for the detection of illnesses such as Hep C and the urine test for diabetes.

If marijuana is smoked and it is subsequently still in your system at the time of these tests, will it compromise the 457 visa app? Would one receive any notification of this or will it in any way hinder one's ability to be approved for a 457 visa?

If someone knows the answer to this it would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Guest hoffer

i never received a medical on my 457 but why not be safe and cut that **** out then you wont have to worry about your medical

You should also be aware that a lot of Australian employers will test for drugs both at commencement of employment and at random times throughout employment.

Yes, we do drugs test for all new employees, salaried and wages. Manufacturing industry based in Sydney.

I'm puzzled to know why you're having a medical in the first place? We've been here since January on a 457 and not once has a medical been requested or needed, nor since we've been here have blood tests etc been asked for! Unless it's changed since we applied, but ours was only processed in November and granted in December so can't imagine it's changed that much:wink:

Archived