Australian TV world cup coverage?

Guest Guest 47403

Guest Guest 47403
I think it is mate,i watched Barca knock Chels out the CL on SBS(at 4 am!)in the rental i stayed in,didn't have foxtell/cable i dont think

Great stuff cheers pabs.

Will the England games be shown on free to air TV?

Seen a few ads on sbs saying all games of the world cup will be shown live. I will be sitting well away from my hubby during the England matches he tends to get quite animated especially when they score. Recall last time the coffee table got up ended. LOL Enjoy Baz hope they do well.

Seen a few ads on sbs saying all games of the world cup will be shown live. I will be sitting well away from my hubby during the England matches he tends to get quite animated especially when they score. Recall last time the coffee table got up ended. LOL Enjoy Baz hope they do well.

I really hope he gets animated lots.... but fear if it only happens when England score, he might not get much opportunity!

I really hope he gets animated lots.... but fear if it only happens when England score, he might not get much opportunity!
No Diane he seems to be animated the whole match just more so if they score. He has said if they happen to get to the final we're going to England so he can watch with his friends back home. Suits me i'm up for a bit of shopping over there. England all the way sounds good to me.

Michael owen hit the nail on the head ...when he was very young , and playing for England ...he had no fear , he just went out and done the business ....we have lots of young players , expectation is zero ....let the kids loose ...we aint going to win it ...so lets enjoy it

pub ...Barbie ...tele .... some games on just after closing time ...it may get messy :wink:

So roughly what time will the games actually be on? 11pmish? Also, as an aside, does anyone know what time Formula 1 races are shown on TV? I'd imagine its usually later evening?

So roughly what time will the games actually be on? 11pmish? Also, as an aside, does anyone know what time Formula 1 races are shown on TV? I'd imagine its usually later evening?

soccer...as an Australian couldn't give a rat's arse but as for F1.......country dependent......Asia, late afternoon, Europe 9.30 pm ish......North America, early hours next morning Australian Eastern Standard Time......but as most of you poms seem to go to Perth (thankfully) add 2 hours

Anti-siphoning laws mean that free to air networks get first dibs on the World Cup and FA Cup Final. 'Soccer' might not be a big deal in Cairns but its grown significantly sine 2005. 10,000 Australians are going to Brazil, that's more than what England is taking!

1st England match will be on sbs at 7.30/8am on Sunday 15th June the next one is around about 4.30/5am on Friday 20th June the next one after that is at 1.30/2am Wednesday the 25th of June. Alternatively you can watch them online on sbs on demand after the games have been played. Sbs is free to air to. All these times are live. These times are for AEST. If you're in the West or S.A. Times will be slightly different Two hours earlier for the West i'm not sure if S.A. is half hour in front or behind us always get that mixed up.

Yeah I'm looking forward to all that, will have to pick a team carefully!

Go for the Sydney Roosters :-)

Great the World Cup is on SBS, thought it would all be on FOX Sports. Very happy I can watch all the games now.

Archived