If you had to pick one place in the UK...

Aunt Agatha

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looking forward to going to some games and to watching 'Match of the Day'!

Really missed this too. I didn't used to go to many games but now not being able to is very restrictive.

I watched match of the day last week on the internet and when I heard the theme tune I got goose bumps and a warm feeling!

Either a nice town in Hampshire, Cornwall or West Sussex. That's just going on the places i've been to before. I haven't seen that much of the UK to be honest.

gal, you need to travel the UK it is spectacular, parts of scotland takes your breath away.

You can't beat Bath. World heritage site, gorgeous buildings, beautiful scenery, stacks of cultural events & you can walk from one side to the other. 13 miles from Bristol, 1.5 hours from London, an hour from Cardiff.

1.5 from London? you sure

Agree on others and to add:

Rugby team

University :wink:

The roman baths recently (ok 8 or so years) updated

Great bars and restaurants (from my uni days plenty of taxis when needed for up hill return journey)

1.5 hours on the train from London, definitely sure. Expect it's longer in the car but most people go by train to avoid the endless London traffic, the congestion charge & high parking costs.

Yes, the Roman Baths are good, there's a fabulous spa using the natural hot waters with a swimming pool on the roof, the rugby & cricket grounds are in the middle of town (though the rugby team is a little past it's heyday but still premiership material), the university has been recently voted no.1 for student satisfaction, and there are lots of great bars & restaurants. And a good theatre. What's not to like? Oh yeah, those hills & the cost of living...

I think we had to say why ?.......for me manchester has it all ..glorious countryside 20 mins, international airport 20 mins, 1000s of bar, clubs and theatres, family and Man city !

Chester has a lovely city centre with river boats, café culture and boutique nightclubs. It borders lovely Cheshire countryside, close to bigger cities but not blighted by poverty. Nice attractive areas to live in, amenities everywhere.

Cheshire is lovely if a bit posh! We spent a few days in Knutsford on our last trip back to the UK and the park was full of nannies LOL But I loved the town itself, lots of nice shops and some great pubs and restaurants plus the incredible Tatton Park.

Cheshire is lovely if a bit posh! We spent a few days in Knutsford on our last trip back to the UK and the park was full of nannies LOL But I loved the town itself, lots of nice shops and some great pubs and restaurants plus the incredible Tatton Park.

I suppose Knutsford can be a bit like that, Altrincham perhaps too. There are other parts of Cheshire that are more affordable though! I'm heading back to there and I can't wait!!!

City: Edinburgh

Country/rural: Aberdeenshire

Both of the above with employment/job opportunities in mind. If I was retired or just loaded :laugh: then Cornwall or South Coast

Definitely not Scotland for me. Waaaaaaay too cold.

Archived