It's blinking cold here 2day !!!!!!!!!!

Stuju

:arghh:Geeee the weather is changing quickly one day hot & the next blinking freezing !!!

On the Central Coast,NSW - geeeez was it cold when i got up this am - temps today min 8 max 22 with mostly sunny.

Once the suncomes out it normally warms up quick but today my hand feet & nose are freezing, night times getting colder too - so off to local mall to get some hot water bottles :biglaugh: oh yes

gizmo

Guest Mrs Braveheart

Hi Gizmo

I couldn't agree with you more I can't believe how quickly after the clocks change that autum has set it. Its now dark here at 6.45 ish & boy is it getting colder at night. Day temps are about 25 just now so not so bad but nights are getting colder. We dont have any heating in out new house yet so I treated myself to a big warm dressing gown & fleecy PJ's :biglaugh: & Billy went one better & bought a electric blanket :shocked: must say it was nice getting into a warm bed last night.

Janette

Bloomin' cold here too ladies. Mr B bought me some fleecy pjs for my birthday so I don't get too cold at night. Mind you the weather we've been having and the lack of electricity over the last 2 days really hasn't helped.

Heading for 20 here today and 21 tomorrow - a heat wave according to my aunt for this time of year!

Felicity:wubclub:

Hi Gals,

Been out & brought my "hottie" $5.99 from coles, a lovely (yep ya gussed it purple colour) :v_SPIN:

anyway what i was gonna say is it's made in Sri Lanka but has british quality standard & kite mark on it - don't these peeps have there own standards & kite marks or aussie ones -

so if i get third degree burns or worse who do i go to

the guys who made in in sri lanka

coles who sold it to me

rcr in Victoria (who distrbuted it in oz)

or the british standards

ummmmmmmm interesting

ok chances it aint gonna happen but its a thought :biglaugh:

Ooooo Mrs B - no heating:arghh: Rather you than me!

We have had the fire on for about a week now and it is great except we are burning pine which is not a good move - so much for DH's scavenging capabilities!!!

I stupidly drove to work today and forgot to bring a cardi - in the shady bits of town the wind is whistling up from the Antarctic I think!

Good luck with the hottie - hope you have a nice snuggly cover for it too.

Guest Edinburger

I'm obviously still in the 'honeymoon' period. It's about 20 degrees in Sydney today and there are people with scarves on. Scarves! That sort of behaviour would get you sectioned at home and quite bloody right too! Heh heh. I'd go as far as saying it's slightly chilly at night...if the wind is blowing...and I only have a shirt on.

Guest JoanneHattersley

its about 26 degrees in brissie and people have jumpers on!

I suppose when you live with 30 degrees plus then any drop in temp leaves you freezing your **** off!

Guest Edinburger

Nah, they're all just mad! :D

I mean, it's often below freezing in Scotland but I don't break out the thong as soon as it hits 25. And that's a good thing for all concerned, trust me.

Mr B has been used to doing his postie round in his shorts and t-shirt. He still goes to work in these but has resorted to putting his waterproofs on over the top to keep the wind chill factor down. He asked if he could have the heating on the other day - my response was No put a jumper on!!!!

Mr B has been used to doing his postie round in his shorts and t-shirt. He still goes to work in these but has resorted to putting his waterproofs on over the top to keep the wind chill factor down. He asked if he could have the heating on the other day - my response was No put a jumper on!!!!

hee hee...... nothing worse than a chill up his mail bag !!!!!!!

heating was that ??

we got no heating brrrr we gonna freeze. :biglaugh:

I nearly laughed standing in a shop queue in Perth in July when the temp outside was 22 degrees. All the people were wrapped in winter clothes talking about the cold and making warm, winter soup!! I was wearing a t shirt and shorts thinking I must be on a different planet! Of course being from Edinburgh you are only cold when you have turned blue and there are icicles hanging from your nose!!

Arlene

Guest jonny.co@tiscali.co.uk

you lot are all mad lol.

cant imagine wearing winter woolies in 22 dgree heat,but i totally agree,when you are used to it being in the 30s no wonder you are freezing. i will make sure we bring our leccie blankies over,and the winter wollies.take comfort in the fact that at least its not like weather here lol:twitcy:

love nick.xx:cute:

:cool: Staying in bue mountains for few days before heading to Brisbane yesterday arrived in Oz went to bronte beach on way to friends from airport son even went swimming:chatterbox: thought today has been warm been in shorts t shirt wondered why getting strange looks when walked to shops was a bit on cold side last night put that down to being tired and jet lag just now hubby doing BBQ :jiggy:

I cant see as i will ever need hat scarf and gloves(they are all in the shops now ready for winter,lmao) but who knows in a few years time,,

i said pants jo cause they arent jeans and not quite trackys?????????????lol,,i also said dollars instead of pound yesterday when talking to someone about the uk ,,so that aussie bug must finally setting in,lol

Cal x

:arghh:Geeee the weather is changing quickly one day hot & the next blinking freezing !!!

On the Central Coast,NSW - geeeez was it cold when i got up this am - temps today min 8 max 22 with mostly sunny.

Once the suncomes out it normally warms up quick but today my hand feet & nose are freezing, night times getting colder too - so off to local mall to get some hot water bottles :biglaugh: oh yes

gizmo

Recon you must have water not blood in your veins! How can you feel so cold when the temperature is 22? :huh:

Recon you must have water not blood in your veins! How can you feel so cold when the temperature is 22? :huh:

Hi Ellie2,

I am now coming up to my 3rd winter in oz and when you have had a couple of summers & springs with high temps here in oz you tend to notice the difference - i understand that you have only been in oz for 5 weeks so therefore it would still feel quite warm to you.

Guest deedardingle
its about 26 degrees in brissie and people have jumpers on!

How would they ever survive a good old british winter

Its around 13 degrees in sunny barnsley today, took the kids to the park today in our jumpers. lovley day for this time of year :spinny:

Guest pandasaversejar

Funny you should say that, been a bit warm today (well, England warm, if ya know what I mean :P)... 17c :) ok the sun was popping in and out but I think I got a bit of a tan on my legs, hehe

Guest deedardingle

Spoke too soon sunny yesterday SNOWING today,still if it settles at least the kids will be happy.

Should enjoy it really may be the last time we see snow for a long long time

Archived