Wooden items

What is the score with small wooden items, Im talking photo frames and plaques that i have. All quality items not just something i have hacked from a tree that still has the bark and moss on them.

How should they be packed and declared for shipping?

bring it all Danny , if you you don't you will regret it at some point , we are still fuming 7 yrs later after leaving wooden dolls houses ect .......but we did bring other wooden gear we shouldn't have ..........:policeman:..........too late now ....:wink:

No issues with anything that has been protected from insect infestation such as varnished, oiled or painted items.

They are worried about seeds too.

Pack it all together in one place to make investigating easy and be very clear about everything on your paperwork.

Easy.

you will be pal , I brought baseball bats from Tenerife , a bone handled camping knife wrapped in a sleeping bag just in case they asked what it was for , I would say I go camping in the wild hence why its still in the sleeping bag .....some of these weather cones to tell you if rain is on the way (hardly ever gets used though in sunny Perth ) ......good luck pal

I hope you don't mind me piggy backing on your thread....

We have a ton of ikea whicker baskets. They are quite expensive and I want to take them. Has anyone ever had trouble with taking them? Cheers

What is the score with small wooden items, Im talking photo frames and plaques that i have. All quality items not just something i have hacked from a tree that still has the bark and moss on them.

How should they be packed and declared for shipping?

Please declare it. It's not moss and bark they're worried about, it's woodworm. It's not in Australia and termites are bad enough without adding woodworm to the mix! It may have to be fumigated, but it's unlikely to be a problem.

Archived