how I feel about being back in the UK

chrisrich 5

Nice Story Chris.If only i could get hold of the drugs you must be on.We have been back 7 months and hate it,we lived in Aussie 27 years and all my Aussie mates said i would never get on in the UK,YOUR TOO Aussie.They were so right.WE can't stand the way the once proud British People have been so Brow beaten.by British Governments.They are now second class citizens in their own country,Ruled by Brussels,and a lap dog Tory Government that followers their rules to the letter.My god it realy is pathetic.I have to admit the English countryside is second to none,but thats where it ends.The Banks,Insrance Companies,Councils,The Utillity Companies.Anyone in Authority are running one big RACKET.Today in the TIMES of all papers,say since Tories took office the wealthy have doubled their wealth.while everyone else has been cut to the bone,even the armed forces.And the Tories have printed and Borrowed Billions,to spend on the wealthy and overseas countries.Even paid millions to the Muslim Brotherhood to form a government in EGYPT and it all went pearshaped.The Tories are forever looking for somewhere to start a war.Can't rant on anymore it's so depressing here honest..Just can't wait to get back home to Australia.

Nice Story Chris.If only i could get hold of the drugs you must be on.We have been back 7 months and hate it,we lived in Aussie 27 years and all my Aussie mates said i would never get on in the UK,YOUR TOO Aussie.They were so right.WE can't stand the way the once proud British People have been so Brow beaten.by British Governments.They are now second class citizens in their own country,Ruled by Brussels,and a lap dog Tory Government that followers their rules to the letter.My god it realy is pathetic.I have to admit the English countryside is second to none,but thats where it ends.The Banks,Insrance Companies,Councils,The Utillity Companies.Anyone in Authority are running one big RACKET.Today in the TIMES of all papers,say since Tories took office the wealthy have doubled their wealth.while everyone else has been cut to the bone,even the armed forces.And the Tories have printed and Borrowed Billions,to spend on the wealthy and overseas countries.Even paid millions to the Muslim Brotherhood to form a government in EGYPT and it all went pearshaped.The Tories are forever looking for somewhere to start a war.Can't rant on anymore it's so depressing here honest..Just can't wait to get back home to Australia.

Big turnaround for you mate. I vaguely remeber you having nothing but vitriol to spout about Oz at one time, saying how much you had wasted you and your family's life by coming here?

Where have you moved back to in the UK, I feel that has a big impact on whether its nice or not...just like living here in Aus.

I fear you will now be unhappy in either country as both countries have problems and the issues you had when you lived in Aus will still be here, any maybe even worse than they were.

Its easy to look at things and only remember the good in them (im a classic case of this) but if Aus was as rosy as you remember it why did you leave?

Good luck in whatever you do.

Its easy to look at things and only remember the good in them (im a classic case of this) but if Aus was as rosy as you remember it why did you leave?

Good luck in whatever you do.

Not sure about this comment TBH, lots of people move to Aus because they dont see the UK as 'rosy', they then return to the UK and do enjoy being back there, i see no difference with the same being done in reverse really, as is often said 'the grass isnt always greener' and sometimes you need to make mistakes to learn from them.

Cal x

I reckon its all down to where you end up either side of the world.

If you move to Perth then chances are you will move on to elsewhere in Oz or move back after a while if there is any spark of life or adventure in you. if you move back to the UK though and move to brum or the east end of London where basically its a sh*t hole then you aren't going to like it there either.

Good and bad in both places, both governments are rubbish in many ways - like I have said in other posts. Both countries are very simular - i think if you want a real life change then moving to a developed country like Oz or UK isnt going to cut it. Go and open a bar in costa richa now that's an adventure !

If you move to Perth then chances are you will move on to elsewhere in Oz or move back after a while if there is any spark of life or adventure in you. if you move back to the UK though and move to brum or the east end of London where basically its a sh*t hole then you aren't going to like it there either.

Good and bad in both places, both governments are rubbish in many ways - like I have said in other posts. Both countries are very simular - i think if you want a real life change then moving to a developed country like Oz or UK isnt going to cut it. Go and open a bar in costa richa now that's an adventure !

Yep agree with that. No need to go as far as Costa Rica. Plenty of Aussie/Pom bars in Thailand and Cambodia and even recently in Laos. All life changing and affordable.

It's about attitude too - we lived in the East End of London before moving here and loved it!

Archived