perthbound2013

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it's in the past tense....but:

Autumn and Spring

Torquays amazing playground

Space

Hearing the sound of the waves when I got in my car in the morning and when I returned at night

Coffee

My Meal and Entertainment card

Having a lunch break and a tea break at work (and having a 20 minute break after half an hours work on a late shift each time!)

The MCG

The fact I could get tickets for any sporting event I wanted to see

Walking along the Yarra and having a beer in one of the many pubs

Healesville wildlife park and the amazing journey there

St Andrews Market and the amazing amazing sausages

Coopers Pale Ale

Walking along the beach almost every day with my family

Almost learning to stand on a surfboard

Having money

Going on holiday and claiming the tax back on the hotels

The Grampians

Coral Bay

Sydney

Our old Rav4

Not knowing where we would be in 12 months time

The kiosk on Fishermans Beach

Breakfast at Moby's Torquay

Urban Grooves cafe, Greensborough and it's wonderful owner

greensborough Preschool

Eating Kangaroo

My kids faces when they saw Ayers Rock

The yearly tax rebate

Brunswick Street

St Kilda

The Madcap cafe, Geelong

I think I need a drink........

I know he bats for both sides but I'm genuinely interested in what's happened. She was his ticket to Aus.

She always was a he. I just didnt want the judgement. I am kind of seeing someone in melbourne now. But we see how it goes. I keep coming back for the summers to escape the cold english winter. And enjoy the Aussie summer and enjoy the summer life. :)

She always was a he. I just didnt want the judgement. I am kind of seeing someone in melbourne now. But we see how it goes. I keep coming back for the summers to escape the cold english winter. And enjoy the Aussie summer and enjoy the summer life. :)

So the plot thickens, anyway, good for you jack, you sound the most settled you have ever been since you've been on here. Are you in Greece for the summer?

Thank you :) No I am working. I have work in England I work with the elderly in a home now. And am doing that until October. Its a six month contract so will return to oz when it expires in October for another six month stint. But may have a wee holiday in Greece to visit friends. :biggrin:

Thank you Perthbound2013

Got to be my favourite thread ever, Just positive after positive so thanks to all of you really!

I arrive in Melbourne for good on July 19th, family will arrive August 6th, Very nervous but excited at the same time.

I have never lived outside of the UK before so is an adventure but what I would add to sum up what I love about Oz!!

ITS NOT LONDON!!!!

And that will do for me, the rest is what you put into it and what you make of it.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck all

Kev

Thank you Perthbound2013

Got to be my favourite thread ever, Just positive after positive so thanks to all of you really!

I arrive in Melbourne for good on July 19th, family will arrive August 6th, Very nervous but excited at the same time.

I have never lived outside of the UK before so is an adventure but what I would add to sum up what I love about Oz!!

ITS NOT LONDON!!!!

And that will do for me, the rest is what you put into it and what you make of it.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck all

Kev

No probs Kevin. Was tired of seeing all the negative posts elsewhere so had to respond somehow. As you've said, it's not London and http a great start already. Where you from in London by the way?

we travelled over to Melbourne from Wembley just 8 weeks ago. If you need any help or advice before or when you get here, give me a shout.

andre

After reading so much negative stuff in forum I was kind of scared and doubtful whether I did a right decision for choosing OZ over Canada for permanent migration. But when I read such wonderful articles posted by u all, I feel kind of relieved and confident. Everyone has to struggle and work hard in life to achieve their goals thats the eternal truth, but if you are in a developed country like OZ, you feel the struggle and effort is worth it!!!!! I know its gonna be tough initially but lets hope we will settle for good in OZ. As its a country full of life, energy, diversity and love for all cultures.

Guest The Pom Queen

The weather even in winter.

How much the scenery changes from state to state.

Wildlife

Lovely houses with beautiful gardens

The rainforest

Beaches although we aren't beach people

The outback - you can drive for days on end and not see another soul.

The starry nights and the Milky Way

Oh and fireflies, I absolutely love watching the fireflies from the balcony each evening.

No probs Kevin. Was tired of seeing all the negative posts elsewhere so had to respond somehow. As you've said, it's not London and http a great start already. Where you from in London by the way?

we travelled over to Melbourne from Wembley just 8 weeks ago. If you need any help or advice before or when you get here, give me a shout.

andre

Thanks Andre

I grew up in Battersea then moved out to Carshalton. your 8 weeks in Melbourne!!! great stuff, hope it is going well for you, As for your kind offer of advise or questions!! Where do I start mate,

I would only be taking what is a well needed thread off track so im not going to spoil it.

Hope you don't mind but I will pm you, would be great to have a chat.

Thanks loads

Kev

Dunno about this one. Have you seen all the Ned Kelly beards around at the mo? :nah:

Yeah what is it with the recent trend for scruffy beards.

For me the best things about Oz are :-

The food

The food

The food

The cold beer

The food

I honestly find the simple foods tastes so different here. Maybe it's the sunshine but you can't beat a lovely fry-up on the back porch. The meat here tastes soooooooo good.

Sounds like its all in your head, mate

The food

The food

The food

The cold beer

The food

I honestly find the simple foods tastes so different here. Maybe it's the sunshine but you can't beat a lovely fry-up on the back porch. The meat here tastes soooooooo good.

The food

The food

The food

The cold beer

The food

Ill agree there is more selection of lagers here and the meat is maybe cheaper (except chicken) but as for the meat being better......im not so sure.

We used to buy our meat straight from the farmer up the road back in the UK and we would buy a whole cow/pig and tell him how we wanted it, x kg of chops, x kg of mince, x kg of steak etc.....nothing ive tasted here comes close to that.

The weather even in winter.

How much the scenery changes from state to state.

Wildlife

Lovely houses with beautiful gardens

The rainforest

Beaches although we aren't beach people

The outback - you can drive for days on end and not see another soul.

The starry nights and the Milky Way

Oh and fireflies, I absolutely love watching the fireflies from the balcony each evening.

Wot abaht the min-min light?? Any one seen it?? I have, twice, as I wrote in Reminiscing. Once in the west Kimberley, it was almost like someone walking along in the scrub, some 200 metres away. But that particular stretch of scrub is so dense, a person couldn't walk too well at night without tripping over dead branches etc.

Second time was in the East Kimberley, I was driving back to camp and had a flat battery and managed to get the ute off the road by 10 metres, or so, about 8/9 PM. Settled down to sleep and felt the hairs on the back of my neck start to stiffen, peered over the steering wheel and saw a loose blue ball of light coming towards me. Fascinated, I kept on watching as a ball of fireflies, perhaps as big as a soccer ball passed by me no further than 5 metres. Simply brilliant. Could have been anywhere up to 1000 of the gorgeous little things

Cheers, Bobj.

I was just taking the drive home from work not long after settling into Melbourne life. I came over the top of the Burwood highway heading towards Knox and coming into view I saw a huge bright ball just over the horizon.

Took me a minute to realise what it was, a case of 'jamais vouś.

It was of course the Moon but Id never seen anything like it before. So large and bright it was really amazing. Like seeing it through a telescope.

Guest bobajob
Ill agree there is more selection of lagers here and the meat is maybe cheaper (except chicken) but as for the meat being better......im not so sure.

We used to buy our meat straight from the farmer up the road back in the UK and we would buy a whole cow/pig and tell him how we wanted it, x kg of chops, x kg of mince, x kg of steak etc.....nothing ive tasted here comes close to that.

Same available here in Oz just have to look around.

Archived