Require assistance

shsingh

Your question is very confusing. However PR/citizen is irrelevant to salary. "Nice life" will completely depend on what you consider nice. For one person that may mean simply having a roof over their head and enough money to see an occasional movie. For someone else that may mean each having their own car and the ability to travel 3x a year.

Hi !!!

I sorry for being confusing.

I live in india and my would be hubby lives in melbourne (alone).He has the PR of australia.My question was ,if i choose to go ahead and tie the knot with him,what will be the salary he should be earning to fetch a good life for himself and me ?

As has been said depends what sort of job your proposed partner has, houses are very expensive in Melbourne so will depend on if you have a mortgage. Do you intend to work if so what as? Most couples get buy with both partners working these days.

If you like eating out five times a week, go to clubs and pubs, take holidays want to live in a good area then you need a much higher income than someone who does not mind scraping the pennies together and using the free air for entertainment.

Hi !!!

I sorry for being confusing.

I live in india and my would be hubby lives in melbourne (alone).He has the PR of australia.My question was ,if i choose to go ahead and tie the knot with him,what will be the salary he should be earning to fetch a good life for himself and me ?

This is an unanswerable question. Some people are happy on $100k, others will need $300k or more.

Your husband (to be?) might have a better idea of what our expectations might be and how close he is to them seeing as he is already here.

He is getting some where around 55000 AUD per year.I might not work initially for a year or so.But i will work after that, i have experience of around 5 years of working in 5 star hotels(international chains) and Travel agencies in customer service and team leading.

I will prefer atleast 5 times eating out, owning a gud house,2 cars,shop around 4 times a month.

How much do you think i can earn with this sort of experience ?

awaiting ur revert

On his salary alone I think you will struggle to have the lifestyle you indicated. But that is just my thought, the reality may be very different.

To tell you the truth I think how employable you are is going to depend on how good your spoken English is. You might have a bit of studying to do to become more employable.

His wage is an ok wage, but not really for two people with the lifestyle you are hoping for.

He is getting some where around 55000 AUD per year.I might not work initially for a year or so.But i will work after that, i have experience of around 5 years of working in 5 star hotels(international chains) and Travel agencies in customer service and team leading.

I will prefer atleast 5 times eating out, owning a gud house,2 cars,shop around 4 times a month.

How much do you think i can earn with this sort of experience ?

awaiting ur revert

You mentioned you are looking for an upper middle class lifestyle. No, not on $55,000, you will not even be close. You will need to budget carefully and it is unlikely you will be able to afford a good house, two cars or eating out five times a week. This is definitely a working class type of lifestyle rather than upper middle.

I live in Melbourne. My husband and I have a joint salary of $250k per year and can do most things you identify. This should be where you're aiming if you're after a nice house in a good suburb, 2 decent cars, 2 holidays and entertainment (restaurants & shopping)

Archived