Shortest Trip Ever

Belinda Au

You must be a real fan! Bit of torture only going for 4 days but still pretty exciting - enjoy!

It is Katie. The job I'm working on at the moment has all sorts of deadlines on it and it's not flexible. I had to beg for the couple of days I could get. They've been my favourite band in the world for the last 30 years and there was no way I was going to miss out. Besides, I haven't been to the 100 in more than 15 years - it's going to be absolutely awesome.

They are so worth it. :biggrin:

I'm going to be mighty knackered for sure :laugh: The show is on my birthday (which I never celebrate) but I just had to do it. I still can't believe I did something so bloody indulgent. That's not like me at all! If I could have more time off from my job, I'd stay longer.

Obviously I am totally biased (not half!) but I think they are the best band to ever have come out of Britain. Big call I know, but I stand by it.

Then I thought - oh God, what if they cancel?!!!

You know what? STILL worth it. :laugh:

Oh I hope they don't cancel! I was super excited to see John Newman perform in Brisbane last night... only I didn't because the bugger lost his voice and flew back to Blighty under doctor's orders!

Youll have a smashing time I'm sure.

Oh I hope they don't cancel! I was super excited to see John Newman perform in Brisbane last night... only I didn't because the bugger lost his voice and flew back to Blighty under doctor's orders!

Youll have a smashing time I'm sure.

Me too! I'm hoping there's much less chance with it being a 50th anniversary. I can't wait. :biggrin:

What a bugger you missed out on your show. :sad:

Last month I flew to Melbourne (18 hours trip) for a pre employment medical, arrived at 6am, did the medical at 9 and was back in the airport by lunch time to fly back. Not quite from the UK, but was a killer none the less. Not fun.

Archived