How could a mother do this ? I hope she never sees the light of day.

Parley

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest66881

How i see it is like this, if my kids had such horrible diagnosis for life i think we would have thought about abortions first.

To take your own children must be one of the hardest things to contemplate, second to your spouse or parents i suppose, is she mentally unstable at all - that said still a very disturbing case.

If an adult makes a decision about themselves, to end their own life, that is hard to argue with if they have a terrible disease and do not want to continue to deal with it.

But a parent has no right to make that choice for their child.

Make a decision about your own life by all means but your children can make their own choice when the time is right for them.

There seem to be a lot of charity things on the radio here in Adelaide who help people with dying children. Some of the stories are heart breaking, but one thing I have noticed is just how many children tell their parents that they are 'ready to go' or don't want to live any more....

Guest Guest66881
If an adult makes a decision about themselves, to end their own life, that is hard to argue with if they have a terrible disease and do not want to continue to deal with it.

But a parent has no right to make that choice for their child.

Make a decision about your own life by all means but your children can make their own choice when the time is right for them.

And a court does i suppose? Parents have the outright rights to their children not some outdated belief system (like i said in certain circumstances yes parents should be allowed if all the facts are correct).

There is no reason to murder a child. No circumstances where that is justifiable.

For a mother to kill her 3 children is evil and the ultimate betrayal.

I don't care whether she was depressed it does not explain such a horrific act against her defenseless kids who would have trusted her to protect them.

You do tend to pick your moral outrages.

Rubbish, only if the child is incapable of making a decision themselves.

If someone is in a coma then yes a guardian may.

But someone with their mental faculties intact can decide on their own life.

These children can decide for themselves when they are older or as adults.

What gives you the right to decide to kill your own child ?

Nothing. and the fact she has been charged with 3 counts of murder proves it too.

Guest Guest66881
Omg! And where do these rights end? Can we have sex with our children? 'I thought he wanted to'???

Pathetic reply that is, as absolutely nothing to do with OP's post, just another stretch the fabric to make it fit effort.

Guest Guest16631
Omg! And where do these rights end? Can we have sex with our children? 'I thought he wanted to'???

.......perhaps duty of care would be a better phrase.....

.......children are a gift......

........and mothers ime.......

........want the best for theirs.....

.........and this includes quality of life....

.........and we don't know what theirs was......

.........wether we agree with her choice of action or not......

.........we also.....IMO......could not emphatically say what our choice of action would be.....

.........faced with her life experience........

One of the Ten Commandments when I learned about them Gee.

Yes that's the First Testament which is basically from the Torah. In BC. It was Jewish religion before Jesus. But that's another discussion..

My point is Jesus wouldn't have quoted this commandment in Black and White in this case. He would have seen the other side to the story. I cant imagine him chastising this woman for what she did

Guest Guest66881

It does, just because the law says something doesn't mean it is right all of the time does it? laws are always being updated and rewritten assisted suicide for one.

Guest Guest16631
It was a valid question actually and not pathetic paulndeb...where do these rights end?? Does it stretch to adoptive parents? Step parents? Surrogate mothers?

.......as I used the word......!

......I must say......it has been taken way out of context....

.......and who ever .....had the duty of care for a child......

.......would I would hope always have their best interest at heart.....

........agree this can be misguided....re inoculations....IMO.....

........but as a minor ......

........another must often make any informed decision.....

........to the best of their ability .....

........with the information and life skills they have............

........we can only hope.......

.........we are all capable of only doing good.....the best for those who are in our care........tink x

Each case is different ... in this case mum decided this was best. There are so many other hypotheticals one can explore .. this one is not related to this case and is different I might point but its to do with parental decision for children in circumstance

- lets say you were a parent in a war concentration camp and your young children were to be marked to go into prostitution and slavery for the soldiers or be executed. What would be your choice? These children don't know what prostitution is ... just like the children in this unfortunate tragedy wouldn't have known the suffering involved in their life limiting disease...

Guest Guest66881
Yes that's the First Testament which is basically from the Torah. In BC. It was Jewish religion before Jesus. But that's another discussion..

My point is Jesus wouldn't have quoted this commandment in Black and White in this case. He would have seen the other side to the story. I cant imagine him chastising this woman for what she did

And everything after that was all written with the prefix of ACCORDING TO i believe:wink:

If the story reported the children had the same cruel disease? Yes of course.

I struggle with this - so every child that has a life threatening illness or disability could be murdered by their parent - or would there be a sliding scale as to which diseases/disability would go unpunished. Who decides what the quality of life is?

Each case is different ... in this case mum decided this was best. There are so many other hypotheticals one can explore .. this one is not related to this case and is different I might point but its to do with parental decision for children in circumstance

- lets say you were a parent in a war concentration camp and your young children were to be marked to go into prostitution and slavery for the soldiers or be executed. What would be your choice? These children don't know what prostitution is ... just like the children in this unfortunate tragedy wouldn't have known the suffering involved in their life limiting disease...

I'd pray and not allow a killing..he asked me not to kill and I wouldn't

Guest Guest66881
I'd pray and not allow a killing..he asked me not to kill and I wouldn't

And there's the whole problem.

And everything after that was all written with the prefix of ACCORDING TO i believe:wink:

The Book of ..... According To ... xx ... time since transcript ... 1298670 days and counting... last number of revisions (classified)

Guest Guest66881
The Book of ..... According To ... xx ... time since transcript ... 1298670 days and counting... last number of revisions (classified)

BTT mate or we will be strangled by the believers:wink:

How i see it is like this, if my kids had such horrible diagnosis for life i think we would have thought about abortions first.

To take your own children must be one of the hardest things to contemplate, second to your spouse or parents i suppose, is she mentally unstable at all - that said still a very disturbing case.

When the eldest child was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy, the mother was already too far advanced in her twin pregnancy to abort. It was then established that the twins had the disease too.

If you google, SMA, you will see that this is a horrible, horrible thing - the body is destroyed whilst the mind is unaffected - as a mother myself, this would be truly heartbreaking to even contemplate having 1 child like this - let alone 3. She was probably upset, depressed and couldn't see a future for them or herself. I am not at all saying this is justification for murder - but before you condemn her totally for her actions - place yourself in her position and just picture what her life would have been like.

I struggle with this - so every child that has a life threatening illness or disability could be murdered by their parent - or would there be a sliding scale as to which diseases/disability would go unpunished. Who decides what the quality of life is?

Of course not. The deciding factor for me would be whether my child was in agony or not.

Archived