189 visa April gang

Alonsd

We are in the same boat as you guys we have 2 children ( one at primary and one going upto secondary this year) we really don't want to start them back to school only to take them out when they are settled. We lodged on the 31st May and submitted police and medicals a week later. Still ne C/O :-( good luck x

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got our visa granted yesterday!

After my husband was made redundant I phoned and they agreed to give me an email address for our assigned team. I sent the redundancy paperwork and a plea for urgency as our stay in Australia was linked to his job and within 3 hours I had a request for a few extra bits of paperwork and our medical which we had had that morning. So....I sent the bits and pieces back and 3 working days post medical the visa was granted. Happy happy days, good luck everyone else still waiting!

Hi all,

Yesterday we called to DIBP but they could not tell any further information. Have any of you heard anything after communicating with adelaide gsm team 13? The DIBP person could not even tell if we have a case officer even after 2.5 months. Please keep us updated. Good luck to everyone.

Hi Babun, i called DIBP as well and they said they cant c any case officer working on our file. I did not hear anything after team 13 asked for the additional documents and its already 28 days. I am very concerned as its been 3 months for us and no case officer at all. Which country are u from? I am assuming there is a chance of the files going for external checks if applicants are from High Risk countries eg, Bangladesh, pakistan, bosnia etc. God forbid, if the files goes for external check it may take more than 6 months according to my agent.

Please keep us all updated.

Hi all, how's the April group going? Anyone got lucky and been put out of their misery with a visa grant email? We were asked to provide further information again today... One of the documents we uploaded was corrupt and they could not view the information so had to send it through again. Hopefully it won't delay us too much.

Well lets hope we who are left waiting hear something this week... Good luck all!

Morning gang , we haven't heard a friggin thing yet !!!!!!!!!!!! We applied on the 28th of April , front loaded our meds and police checks and that's it , so like the rest of you we awake every morning and check our emails . Looking at other peoples timelines it looks like we should hear something soon but that could just be wishful thinking. The waiting is really driving my wife mental , we feel our life is in limbo and cant make any real firm plans , still the world cup is still on so that's something to take my mind off of the waiting !!!

Good luck guys , it really does help knowing others are in the same boat as us , oh Alonsd we are also heading to Melbourne ----- first one there buys the beers !!!!!

We applied and submitted all info 24th April. We have not heard a thing don't believe we have been given a CO as yet. The wait is awful we check our emails every morning praying it's our turn.

Hope you hear something soon as far as I am aware no one has been granted a visa that submitted in April.

When we lodged our application (14th April), their website said that case officer for 189 visas are allocated within 10 weeks of lodgement. But from May they are only stating dates and its progressing 3 days a month (Now 3rd March). By this way, we can never question them because the dates will take ages to reach to April at this pace. Whereas, in this forum we are seeing May applicants got their grant and June applicants got case officers and are close to their grants. I don't understand their policy. Does it all have to do with being from high risk country?

Morning gang , we haven't heard a friggin thing yet !!!!!!!!!!!! We applied on the 28th of April , front loaded our meds and police checks and that's it , so like the rest of you we awake every morning and check our emails . Looking at other peoples timelines it looks like we should hear something soon but that could just be wishful thinking. The waiting is really driving my wife mental , we feel our life is in limbo and cant make any real firm plans , still the world cup is still on so that's something to take my mind off of the waiting !!!

Good luck guys , it really does help knowing others are in the same boat as us , oh Alonsd we are also heading to Melbourne ----- first one there buys the beers !!!!!

Monk, I'll drink to that! When do plan on moving to Melbourne (if your visa comes through this week say)? We were hoping to move this Sept time, visa permitting.

I know what you mean with the process driving you mental. When we woke up to an email from our CO yesterday we were so excited thinking our grant had arrived , only to have our hopes smashed when we read it and he was requesting another document...

anyway the wait continues, think a bit of world cup therapy is needed to keep my mind off it.

Predictions for the game? Germany 2-1 winners for me.

Think it'll go to penalties , but just hoping for a longer game .

We are also hoping to move just as soon as possible , we both have jobs where we need only give a weeks notice , house ready to go onto the market but may already have a buyer eager to do a deal .

Hope it's our turn soon

Well that's another week gone and still no word !!! Still no news is good news ??????????

Anyone else think that Case Officer should be added to the SOL list , there is obviously a shortage of them , maybe if there were more the waiting wouldn't be so long for us all .

Anyway good luck everyone , hopefully not to much longer eh ??

Visa granted!!!! Can't believe it, woke up to that elusive grant email this morning! Think I've read it about 5 times already.

can book flights now so we should be in Melbourne by September.

Monk, I think I might be getting the first round in... What do you drink?

Good luck to all those still waiting, don't lose heart, our grant came 1 day before we hit the 3 month mark!

Well that's another week gone and still no word !!! Still no news is good news ??????????

Anyone else think that Case Officer should be added to the SOL list , there is obviously a shortage of them , maybe if there were more the waiting wouldn't be so long for us all .

Anyway good luck everyone , hopefully not to much longer eh ??

Congrats :)

However, you were so excited that you forgot to update your sig ;)

Congrats :)

However, you were so excited that you forgot to update your sig ;)

Congratulations hun :-))), we submitted everything on 31st may (189 visa Melbourne bound hopefully) still no case officer or any news :-( did you use an agent? I was just wondering does you agent get the goldern email or does it go straight to you? Good luck with everything...... We might see you in Melbourne as we want to go out before November this year :-)))

Hi Its good to c april gang members are getting grants :) I got a mail from gsm team 13 on 3rd june asking for education and employment history again. But not sure if we at all have a case officer or not? is there any way i can contact immigration to know whether i have a CO or not ?

Please suggest as we lodged our application on 3/4/14 and after 2 months all they ask for is the same documents we have already submitted. We have again submitted the things they have asked for and waiting for a response :(

Plz let me know how can i contact

Thanks

Hi farah,

Any update regarding your situation?..

I am from bd aswell and applied early May.. End of June I got an email from Team 13 for additional information. FYI, I upload all docs including form 80, PCC except for medical.

Still waiting for case officer and currently in bd.

Keep posted.

Cheers

Congratulations hun :-))), we submitted everything on 31st may (189 visa Melbourne bound hopefully) still no case officer or any news :-( did you use an agent? I was just wondering does you agent get the goldern email or does it go straight to you? Good luck with everything...... We might see you in Melbourne as we want to go out before November this year :-)))

We didn't use an agent so we got the email direct from our CO. They also update your immi account to finalised - Granted. If you're using an agent I think they email the outcome to your agent for them to forward on to you but if you have assess to your immi account you could check yourself.

Could well see you in Melbourne, we plan to be there by sept, going to book flights this weekend just not sure weather to have a stopover somewhere or do the journey in one, contemplating what is best when flying with a 1 year old..