1 in 5 admit to snail tossing

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

If you spot a flying snail in your garden this weekend don’t worry, you are not seeing things.

It is not very neighbourly… but a fifth of gardeners admit to throwing snails over the fence next door to get rid of them.

A poll by the Royal Horticultural Society of 1,500 people found that 80 per cent of us will be heading out to the garden this Easter weekend to do jobs such as weeding and mowing the lawn.

article-0-13CC0F9E000005DC-306_634x468.jpg

+2

Londoners are most likely to get rid of snails over the fence (30 per cent), while Scots are the least likely (only 14 per cent)

Despite such wholesome pursuits, 22 per cent surveyed admitted to disposing of their snails over the garden wall.

Londoners are most likely to get rid of snails in this way, with 30 per cent polled saying they had done so, while Scotland is home to the most polite neighbours. Snail throwing was least common there, with just 14 per cent surveyed admitting to it.

Some 80 per cent of those quizzed said they would be weeding this weekend, 63 per cent said they would be mowing and 44 per cent cutting back last year’s foliage on herbaceous plants.

The survey found men were more likely to be caring for their garden lawns than women, with 70 per cent of men saying they would be mowing, compared with 57 per cent of women.

Other jobs that gardeners will be getting busy with at Easter include pruning shrubs after flowering and sowing seeds indoors.

RHS Head of Advisory, Guy Barter, said: ‘After the challenging cold weather last spring, gardeners are enjoying a great start to the season this year and making the most of the sunshine.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2608203/One-five-gardeners-admit-throwing-snails-garden-fence-rid-them.html#ixzz2zInY5nTd

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook:biglaugh:

Go on admit it you have all done it:policeman:

I used to love snails when I was younger, me and my friend used to collect them and had a little house thing for them pmsl weirdos.

Weird, but not quite as weird as my friend who used to play with dead mice in her dolls house!

Guest Guest66881
I eat em ,what's good for the French is good for me.

Hope you purge the dirty buggers first can kill you if you're not careful.

They just come back (eventually) they are homing creatures.....

I saw a gardening programme a few years ago with one of the Fat Ladies, can't remember her name, the one that's not dead, she picked up a snail then stood on it, horrible cow!

They just come back (eventually) they are homing creatures.....

I saw a gardening programme a few years ago with one of the Fat Ladies, can't remember her name, the one that's not dead, she picked up a snail then stood on it, horrible cow!

They're both dead now.

Archived