I don't care' P plater tells cops.

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

A texting P-plate driver who struck a cyclist and then told police she did not care about what she had done has refused to explain her careless driving, or why she was so callous.

Kimberley Davis was fined $4400 and lost her licence for nine months after pleading guilty to dangerous driving.

The 21-year-old, of Port Fairy, was travelling at 100k/ph and had used her mobile phone 44 times behind the wheel before she hit cyclist Craig Porra at Koroit on the evening of September 20 last year.

Her response when she was grilled by police two days after the accident was dumbfounding.

"I just don't care because I've already been through a lot of bulls*** and my car is like pretty expensive and now I'll have to fix it," she said.

Kimberley-Davis.jpgThe texting driver who said she didn't care when she almost killed a cyclist. Photo: 7News:arghh:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/22715770/texting-driver-shows-no-remorse/

A texting P-plate driver who struck a cyclist and then told police she did not care about what she had done has refused to explain her careless driving, or why she was so callous.

Kimberley Davis was fined $4400 and lost her licence for nine months after pleading guilty to dangerous driving.

The 21-year-old, of Port Fairy, was travelling at 100k/ph and had used her mobile phone 44 times behind the wheel before she hit cyclist Craig Porra at Koroit on the evening of September 20 last year.

Her response when she was grilled by police two days after the accident was dumbfounding.

"I just don't care because I've already been through a lot of bulls*** and my car is like pretty expensive and now I'll have to fix it," she said.

Kimberley-Davis.jpgThe texting driver who said she didn't care when she almost killed a cyclist. Photo: 7News:arghh:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/22715770/texting-driver-shows-no-remorse/

Found her on Facebook and she's from bloody Leeds which surprises me given all British drivers are excellent :)

Found her on Facebook and she's from bloody Leeds which surprises me given all British drivers are excellent :)

If she's 21 she wouldn't have driven much in the UK if at all. But I see people on the phone all the time in both countries. We should all sound our horns if you see someone driving and on the phone.

Bloody ridiculous sentence. The cyclist she ran over had a broken back and 3 months in rehab. In my world she would be facing a prison sentence. Driving a fast moving, heavy machine like a car is a huge responsibility and mowing down cyclists/pedestrians or other motorists through lack of care for others is treated "far" too lightly.

Bloody ridiculous sentence. The cyclist she ran over had a broken back and 3 months in rehab. In my world she would be facing a prison sentence. Driving a fast moving, heavy machine like a car is a huge responsibility and mowing down cyclists/pedestrians or other motorists through lack of care for others is treated "far" too lightly.

Sadly the sentences around the world for dangerous driving are pitiful.

Archived