Job offer withdrawn due to VETASSESS delays.

rugbyfreak

:biggrin:Good afternoon Folks,

Wanted to share with you all about my partners experience with Vetassess which I must admit was a nightmare.

We had both looked forward in coming to Australia with a dream to further our careers and education. A company had offered to sponsor him, interviews & medical tests done and letter of offer signed.

Due to the Australian governments stand on the 457 visa last year the process was further delayed for about a year. The company was ready to take him on plus the other applicants who were successful.

They say Vetasses assesses your skills and English skills. Come on that’s unbelievable communicating with the department seems to even test their efficiency and understanding.

VETASSES further imposed practical skills test on the company which resulted in the company withdrawing their letter of offer.

We were shattered all our dreams gone down the drain. We :arghh:felt segregated and discriminated by how Vetassess treating these group of workers who are in their own right skilled and competent for the job.

We thought discrimination was a thing of the past and we felt hurt that we were treated in such a manner by Vetassess.

If anyone has a similar experience please do share with us.

Thank you.

What discrimination are you seeing by Vetassess? I also do not understand what you mean. I have also never heard of vetassess assessing English language skills before and even skills assessment is not that common for a 457 visa.

What I do understand and agree with is that Vetassess are currently providing a pretty poor service.... Ours has been rumbling on for four months now, they blatantly did nothing on it for the first three but we are finally at the closing stages. To say they are splitting hairs on things, however. They requested "urgent" info to clarify an issue last Friday, we both bent over backwards to get it to them. Guess what?! It is now six days later and we have heard nothing since.

Plus during this time Kirsty's occupation has gone from "high demand" to "medium demand" on the SA list.

I appreciate that they are busy etc, but to me, over 16 weeks to assess someone's skills is far too long.

VETASSES further imposed practical skills test on the company which resulted in the company withdrawing their letter of offer.

I don't know much about the skills assessment process, but I've never heard of the assessing body having any involvement or requirements of the nominating sponsor.

Unfortunately, they're an organization with no obligation to the person they are assessing. It's not discriminatory, it's a bureaucratic process and they couldn't give a toss about the individuals (and, to an extent, neither should they) however it is obviously painful for those emotionally wrapped up in the process. Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you this time.

Unfortunately, they're an organization with no obligation to the person they are assessing. It's not discriminatory, it's a bureaucratic process and they couldn't give a toss about the individuals (and, to an extent, neither should they) however it is obviously painful for those emotionally wrapped up in the process. Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you this time.

This is the confusing part. They assess people, not work places like the op seems to be saying. You apply to vetasses before you get anywhere near having a medical.

I have never heard of them being a part of the 457 process.

Hi Rupert, They have not yet assessed my English skills. According to them the company has to pay for us being assessed in our home country,(second stage of skills assessment) airfares and accommodation for the assessor etc. When my references and transcripts were sent to them; it was clear they were not even sure of what they were doing. They sent the documents back to us delaying the process further and stating they do not assess trades people from here. It just added to the frustration when we had to send it back to Australia to get the documents assessed when they came to their senses that YES they had to assess the documents!!!

Steve and Kirsty – I agree 120% with your statement and yes Quoll we’ve been emotionally wrapped up in the process but hey – who dreams of a better job, living conditions etc?

Que and Sera- yes the company has withdrawn their offer of employment and are no longer able to sponsor

Hi Rupert, They have not yet assessed my English skills. According to them the company has to pay for us being assessed in our home country,(second stage of skills assessment) airfares and accommodation for the assessor etc. When my references and transcripts were sent to them; it was clear they were not even sure of what they were doing. They sent the documents back to us delaying the process further and stating they do not assess trades people from here. It just added to the frustration when we had to send it back to Australia to get the documents assessed when they came to their senses that YES they had to assess the documents!!!

Steve and Kirsty – I agree 120% with your statement and yes Quoll we’ve been emotionally wrapped up in the process but hey – who dreams of a better job, living conditions etc?

Que and Sera- yes the company has withdrawn their offer of employment and are no longer able to sponsor

There is something very unusual about your situation. Were you represented by a registered migration agent?

Agreed. It sounds like you may have been strung along on a lie.

Mmmm I started to post earlier but didn't hit submit and was also saying that I wondered if they were being scammed .... because the story just does not make any sense at all.

Archived