Breaking News - Malaysian Flight MH370

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

The flight concluded in the Indian Ocean - such tragic news. At least the families can now have the peace and closure they need. Thoughts and prayers to all family and friends.

Guest The Pom Queen
What channel in Perth can I watch the news now....

Sorry never watched TV here before...so idiots guide needed

We watching it on sky news

The flight concluded in the Indian Ocean - such tragic news. At least the families can now have the peace and closure they need. Thoughts and prayers to all family and friends.

How awful, but closure for thier families my thoughts and prayer go to them all too x

I'm gonna assume the objects being picked up by HMAS Success will probably be wreckage. So very sad. There may have been some slim chance of survival if they'd known where to look sooner than 17 days. I really hope something changes in that respect soon.

Keep up the good search Australia, the world appreciates all your effort. Those poor families.

It's very sad but I think the ending was always going to be the same (every body perished one way or another wether accident or terrorism)

I hope the news brings peace to the families and allows them to mourn their loss/losses. :-(

I've read the links that have been posted ...thank you.

To SBS news in Australia .....that I've just watched..

friggkn useless and OH is now perplexed as to why I made him switch over from the film....just a 2nd clip on it ...it could be or it may not be..

remind me never to look to the Oz news for up to date stuff:mad:.

My heart truely goes out to those involved...

From the CNN clip I watched, posted on my FB page as the 'breaking news' it is still only theoretical, the debris has not been reached yet.

This is from sophisticated analysis of the radar data and I'm not questioning it is right but I must admit I was expecting that the plan had been found in the Indian Ocean.

From the CNN clip I watched, posted on my FB page as the 'breaking news' it is still only theoretical, the debris has not been reached yet.

This is from sophisticated analysis of the radar data and I'm not questioning it is right but I must admit I was expecting that the plan had been found in the Indian Ocean.

For clarity - it's satellite data analysis from Inmarsat, not radar data. And it means the last ping from the plane before it ran out of fuel places it in the middle of the southern indian ocean. Wreckage will sadly be the inevitable next find.

God love'em. Pretty sure we were on the same flight number when we did our reccie.....really brings hone the reality of it all x

I know exactly what you feel. My friend was on that flight the week before flying Sydney to Kuala lumpier then onto Beijing. Really scary thinking about it.

Okay thanks - I watched it whilst working so didn't pay close attention to what the data was - only that it was data rather than the plane had been found. I still see that as theoretical but won't pretend that I know what inmarsat is!

Why are the Malaysians not handing the Aussies a copy of the cargo manifest? Surely this is needed to identify debris from the flight and is a minimum given the situation. What ARE the Malaysians hiding?

That is a good question it does feel like Malaysia are hiding or withholding important information or not wanting the world to know something. Hopefully the truth will come out at some point.

I've just seen that the families were informed by text. Surely there's a better way to break the news!?!?

It seems harsh but how do you simultaneously inform up to 239 people? In this day of mass communication the news would spread quicker than phone calls could be made.

Im also trying to get my head around the supposed found objects... also the location is way way off the course to Beijing? Inmarsat sat data conclude that the plane was on the southern corridor off the Indian Ocean off WA. Its still a mystery if the parts havent been formally identified.

Most likely it was explosive decompression in which case the passengers would have been rendered unconscious pretty quickly. There was no communication from anyone on board during 8 hours of flight time (phone calls, emails etc) so can't see any other explanation.

Archived