Price of meat in England!!

HappyHeart

Just clicked onto the Morrisons website and shocked when I saw rump steak half price 7.74, full price 15.48!! Had forgotten how expensive meat was in the UK, never pay more than $10 a kilo here for rump.....swings and roundabouts!:yes:

That'd be $14.23 at current exchange rate and nearly $30 a kilo at full price! At least the meat is cheap is OZ, even if the lemons aren't:wink:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest 47403
Just clicked onto the Morrisons website and shocked when I saw rump steak half price 7.74, full price 15.48!! Had forgotten how expensive meat was in the UK, never pay more than $10 a kilo here for rump.....swings and roundabouts!:yes:

That'd be $14.23 at current exchange rate and nearly $30 a kilo at full price! At least the meat is cheap is OZ, even if the lemons aren't:wink:

The meat might be expensive but the bananas are cheap as owt got 6 for 61p this morning from Tesco!

Guest Guest 47403
61p!! Had them for 99c here but normally $1.99 cheapest up to about $4.99 this year.

Must be a bumper harvest somewhere, I bought some last week and thought they had weighed wrong they were that cheap.

We don't buy bananas - none of us like them. All fruit is too sweet for me (the last time I had fruit was maybe 10 months ago - I do eat LOTS of veg and leafy greens/salads though), same for OH. The kids have two portions of fruit per day, but no bananas and no dried fruit. They too eat lots of veg. I would rather that meat was cheaper since we eat lots of meat, although we do eat grass fed/free range meat from the butcher rather than supermarket stuff.

Strawberries here havent seemed to drop in price like usual...got a few punnets at 99c but now back to $5 Im not paying that...same in UK though for seasonal fruit?

Grapes,strawbo's and berries etc are £2 for a punnet atm,not sure on size exactly lol

Didn't go into detail on meat prices over in aus,just remember thinking it was a good bit cheaper,mentioned it in my reccie report in fact i think. Lamb seems to be very dear atm here,beef roasting joint is £10.99 a kilo in sainsbo's,the beef prices i can live with tbh,i got two fat medallion steaks for less than £6 the other day

Beef joints are about $12 a kilo, lamb about $10 and pork about $10..obviously differences on area and shop..offers etc...eat a lot more lamb and beef steaks here...

Yeah,just looked at Coles,confirms meat here will never be as cheap i wouldn't have thought

Bring on the steak then lol. I'm not that much of a meat eater, well not red meat but I do like a bit of steak once every so often. Dave used to eat it quite a lot, he made or shopping bill a fortune. I haven't had any since, don't think my mum likes it

I used to regard meat as a treat really in UK...

Guest Guest 47403
I used to regard meat as a treat really in UK...

I make you right on that, not all meat but steak is a treat in our house.

I'm quite passe about steak but there's a South African shop near me and they do a steak rub that transforms any piece of beef into something unbelieveable.

Also, their curly wurly sausages are gorgeous athough my Mrs finds them slightly unsettling.