Visa Label

Moobobs

Hello!

I know a visa label isn't required and visa details can be verified on VEVO but is it worth getting one? I have read a few posts to say some schools etc have requested them.

Any advice would be appreciated from anyone who has had any experience with this.

Thanks

Yes it is worth getting a label. You may be asked for evidence of a visa at any time by anyone - e.g. accessing credit, getting a job, travelling to or from other countries. I had to show my label, for example, to get a Chinese tourist visa. Even if you are never asked for the label, having it means you never have to worry about it.

Yes it is worth getting a label. You may be asked for evidence of a visa at any time by anyone - e.g. accessing credit, getting a job, travelling to or from other countries. I had to show my label, for example, to get a Chinese tourist visa. Even if you are never asked for the label, having it means you never have to worry about it.

Thanks Quinkla. Think i will definitely go ahead and sort this for us.

I got a PR visa and traveled without any VISA label.....

But obviously it is important and better to have a label in your passport...

Other wise each time you have to tell the long stories to other countries immigration office and airline staff.

"My name is ....

I have a valid VISA..... Here is the VEVO printed copy...."

The immigration officer will first look at you that he/she is not understanding what are you talking about...

Then he/she will think twice... will take your document.. will think again... then they will check and will ask you again to explain..."(15 min) Ufffffffff... (I have just shared you my experience at KL airport :'( )

The funniest thing is, in Sydney airport the immigration officer was not totally bothered about I have a VISA or not...

He took my passport and punched in electronic reader.. My details info appeared in display and he returned back my passport.... (45 Sec)

Later I took oath to have a label in my passport....

Guest nastasia
I got a PR visa and traveled without any VISA label.....

But obviously it is important and better to have a label in your passport...

Other wise each time you have to tell the long stories to other countries immigration office and airline staff.

"My name is ....

I have a valid VISA..... Here is the VEVO printed copy...."

The immigration officer will first look at you that he/she is not understanding what are you talking about...

Then he/she will think twice... will take your document.. will think again... then they will check and will ask you again to explain..."(15 min) Ufffffffff... (I have just shared you my experience at KL airport :'( )

The funniest thing is, in Sydney airport the immigration officer was not totally bothered about I have a VISA or not...

He took my passport and punched in electronic reader.. My details info appeared in display and he returned back my passport.... (45 Sec)

Later I took oath to have a label in my passport....

Oh no, I am going via KL and I do not have visa labels. What papers did you show to the immigration officers? Is the grant letter from the case officer enough to prove that i have the pr visa?

Oh no, I am going via KL and I do not have visa labels. What papers did you show to the immigration officers? Is the grant letter from the case officer enough to prove that i have the pr visa?

You need three things...

1) The VISA confirmation letter...

2) The printed copy of the VEVO online VISA checking page. You need to login with you TRN number and password

3) Enough confidence... and don't be nervous..

KL immigration police knows it all. but some how they try to check by making you nervous(by asking too many question).

What i Did.. I directly looked at their eye and talked in smiling face....

Dont worry at all... it will not take more than 5-10 min

How do you get a visa label in your passport?

Still I did not get any... Coz I returned my country and in Dec'14 may be I shall shift to NSW forever.

What I need to do... complete a form ... pay the fee... submit the form and passport in Aussie VISA application process center(VAC).. 30-35 days later I shall get the passport with visa label.

Check the Aussie High commission website in your country for details.. the process may vary country to country

There are direct flights from Australia to KL so all the staff at KLIA will be able to access VEVO to conform your visa status (unless the system is down). The problem will come with airline staff at airports and airlines that do not fly to Australia.

I'm curious why KL needs to know you have an Australian PR? I've been to KL when I was on my 457, and travelled on my Canadian passport. I don't recall anyone asking my status in Australia. Not sure if I'm missing something?

Edit: I travelled via Singapore, so cleared Australian Immigration in Melbourne.

Archived