79 days without rain!

Que Sera Sera

Guest guest30085
Yep they've just announced Mandurah has now broken records we have not seen rain for 79 solid days. What exactly is rain again :wink:

Jeez QSS, anyone would think you're living in Stratford .....

Guest Guest66881

Drove past another burst pipe this afternoon, gallons of it spilling out onto the road, four guys just standing there doing nothing, and we keep getting adverts about being water conscious...:mad:

Drove past another burst pipe this afternoon, gallons of it spilling out onto the road, four guys just standing there doing nothing, and we keep getting adverts about being water conscious...:mad:

What would you have done while you waited for the supply to be turned off? Bucket? Cup? :wink:

It boggles the mind to think of the whole population of perth and where the water supply is coming from and going... yes we have rain in winter, but from memory its only 2-3 months in the year that has wetter months. It doesnt rain in summer at all.

I`m with Gee , I said to mrs tonyman today , how they hell do we (Perth ) manage , where does all our water come from ...? I find the Aussies are more ignorant when it comes to saving water ........we are VERY water wise in our house tbh ......

Perth is built on a giant seam of water so a lot comes from underground which is what has saved it I suppose. Can't get over all the reticulation going on.

Here in Kal we've had pretty much the wettest summer on record. I think we've already had our yearly average rainfall. Nice and green everywhere but not enjoying the humidity and the mosquitos! And yet all our water still comes from Mundaring Weir through the pipeline. Much of it gets stored to keep the bloomin' golf course green! But it's never emphasized to try and be water wise here, I know so many people who shower morning and night, have their pools with no covers on, and water the totally unnecessary lawns every day. My colleagues complain about their $500 water bills, I don't think we've ever had one over $50!

Archived