Tony Abbott has done it. He has stopped the boats.

Parley

Funny how everything Flag says are automatically facts, but everything everyone else says is incorrect, out of date, untrue etc etc.

I've noticed that. I Google for some information, go the official Government site, or perhaps a refugee body, see some statistics that seem perfectly reasonable, and he just dismisses it as 'Wikepedia' or out-of-date!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've noticed that. I Google for some information, go the official Government site, or perhaps a refugee body, see some statistics that seem perfectly reasonable, and he just dismisses it as 'Wikepedia' or out-of-date!

Agree. I have also noted, as I have mentioned a couple of times, how it keeps coming back to everyone else, being stupid, ignorant, racist, unable to comprehend etc etc.

Let's hope that the powers-that-be have taken note of what has happened to Britain. That country has lost it's identity because of uncontrolled immigration. The wishes of the British people were totally ignored by Tony Blair and Co. The (real)Brits are horrified at what has happened to their country. No wonder people are fleeing.

Let's hope that the powers-that-be have taken note of what has happened to Britain. That country has lost it's identity because of uncontrolled immigration. The wishes of the British people were totally ignored by Tony Blair and Co. The (real)Brits are horrified at what has happened to their country. No wonder people are fleeing.

Exactly!

And according to many British comedians as well; lampoons, satire etc, all govt. bodies are fair game...

Cheers, Bobj.

Only when paid for and when people know that its comedy.

Trying out a comedy in airport or airplane will land you in trouble. And impersonation is not comedy, but a crime.

The first case says the guy was just looking for a victim, any victim. Second the guy was a drug addict and there is just no excuse for what he did. He should have been jailed for longer. At least they caught both and they got their day in court. Neither story is anywhere near as bad as this.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-release-images-of-three-men-sought-over-alleged-doonside-gangrape-20140304-3459u.html

They haven't even managed to catch all the perpetrators yet and that's after getting one of the guys to come forward and admit it. He's probably too scared of what will happen to him if he grasses on the others.

It was a random attack based on ethnicity.Police allege that after the two hit-runs, Mr Marchant told associates: "I lined him up and hit him" and "It's a shame that those Indians keep getting run over."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/brutal-hitrun-may-have-been-racist-attack-20130712-2pva3.html#ixzz2xiuSTEm5

The persons involved in the Doonside Rape should be sentenced to the maximum possible time and then deported.

My problem is not with being tough on criminals or with Australia deciding whom to let in. But with a way some posters were trying to justify vigilante actions.

One of the Brisbane student murders ... http://www.ndtv.com/article/diaspora/indian-origin-man-charged-with-murdering-student-in-brisbane-500429

and one of the others http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-20/brisbane-detectives-charge-korean-man-with-murder-of-min-tae-kim/5168600

Not really a path I intended to go down but it does show that we can import violent criminals if we are not very careful.

The Brisbane student murder was related to a relationship problem and both were Indian nationals. They were not random attacks against unknown person because of their ethnicity. Same with the Korean one. So a racist random attack targeting foreigners and these cannot be equated.

Damn, I missed bagging post 1000. Still, I can always wait and get post 10000.

But back to the subject matter.

Don't you think it's just a teensy weensy bit ironic that you justify emigration out of the UK by saying that the UK govt have ruined the country by allowing immigration? Could a Syrian argue that his country used to be a paradise until the govt ruined it by letting in all those Jordanians/Iraquis/ [insert favourite scapegoat nation here].

Guest Guest 47403
I shall not trawl your posts as little point. The lack of comprehension is clear. As it the lack of empathy and the total non comment with regards to locking up kids. Remembering no crime has been committed in seeking asylum in a signatory country.

A country that can operate on such a level does make one somewhat concerned to just what level they are capable of reaching in other social policy areas. Not to understate those out there in the community that want even tougher conditions.

A crime is being committed by attempting to enter a country without a valid visa, they are trying to illegally cross a border. You harp on and on and on about people not being able to grasp things.........................but you do not grasp this simplest of facts!

Baz to seek asylum is not illegal - they are not committing a crime - although the Australian government would love you to believe that - the minute they got in to power they changed the name of asylum seekers arriving by boat from Unauthorised maritime arrivals to Illegal maritime arrivals - says it all really

A crime is being committed by attempting to enter a country without a valid visa, they are trying to illegally cross a border. You harp on and on and on about people not being able to grasp things.........................but you do not grasp this simplest of facts!

And you don't get it. It is illegal to cross a border in order to work illegally or for other economic reasons but not illegal to claim asylum. I would suggest it is you who doesn't get the facts. Don't know how many times that fact needs stating.

Then again some just don't make the National News. I was working in Holsworthy last year and there was a drive by shooting at punchbowl. Only reported in the local paper. Turned out a Syrian barber had another Syrian guy having his hair cut. They discussed the situation in Syria and ended up in an argument as they were on opposite sides. They were older guys, in their 60's and one slapped the other. Later on the one slapped mentioned it to his son and he decides to go out and shoot up the other guys house. Only problem was he got the wrong house and nearly shot a newborn.

All washed under the table of course as they take into account background, mitigating circumstances, ethnic problems. Any old bullshit to let the guy off.

I think I recall the incident. Unlikely to be asylum seekers though. Not sure why your bringing a racial element into the equation, unless of course you are expressing an overall opinion on issues on migrants from particular backgrounds.

regarding the four murders of students in Brisbane. It might be enlightening to look at the names and circumstances if the individuals charged with their murders. I was quite taken aback.

It's getting wide coverage in the French language press as well. One was giving warnings about the need to take care when in Australia, but didn't blame Australia directly, just that many young folk let their guard down when there. But we've had a few in Perth in recent years as well. Not in the same time frame though. Anyhow Australia is generally known for its high level of assaults and sexual crime, although not actual murder.

Guest Guest 47403
And you don't get it. It is illegal to cross a border in order to work illegally or for other economic reasons but not illegal to claim asylum. I would suggest it is you who doesn't get the facts. Don't know how many times that fact needs stating.

I absolutely get it, these are the few with the money and means to attempt to circumvent the correct procedures to claim asylum, these are the ones that expect to be seen and heard above those poor souls who spend months and often years sat in processing camps awaiting there fate, the ones that have most likely left there homes in true fear with just the clothes on there backs, the ones where the majority haven't destroyed there papers and passports because they have a genuine claim to asylum the ones Australia should without doubt be taking more of.

Answer to that is then seek out the correct information. What you dished up was out of date. This government reduced intake, easy enough to disprove which you couldn't. I'm sure you would have tried to trip me up. Same as intake Australia is not generous per capita compared to world intake. Only rates in off shore officially selected intake.

You and others are running your own agenda which is failing miserably, but sadly the misinformation may influence some folk's thinking, which is only fair they read the true facts around the matter. informed presenting dodgy information for their own flawed reasons.

Baz wouldn't you use any funds you had to get you and your family out of danger????? These people are desperate enough to get on a leaky boat in the first place that may not make it (and many haven't)

I absolutely get it, these are the few with the money and means to attempt to circumvent the correct procedures to claim asylum, these are the ones that expect to be seen and heard above those poor souls who spend months and often years sat in processing camps awaiting there fate, the ones that have most likely left there homes in true fear with just the clothes on there backs, the ones where the majority haven't destroyed there papers and passports because they have a genuine claim to asylum the ones Australia should without doubt be taking more of.

Not still failing I'm afraid. Far from all refugees have wealth. The same finger was pointed at the Indo Chinese boat people during another time. Right wing press made a point of pointing out some had gold in their possession.

Anyway as pointed out asylum seekers come in all shades. The Tamil Sri Lankans, recently arriving by boats and often returned before being allowed access to put their case, where more often than not poor fishermen and farmers or shop keepers. Hardly wealthy.

In the developing world context whole families and in some cases villages pass the hat around. Hardly rich. Rich folk tend to arrive by plane to claim asylum. Something under 1% of those in camps get resettled in a year. Rather a futile wait depending more on luck than and imaginary queue.

I don't get this whole thread - how can anyone think not telling the public what is happening is ok??? Tony has stopped the boats??? Has he really? Does he prove it to anyone? No - he just says he has and we are supposed to believe him - yeah right

Guest Guest 47403
I doubt it is of much use appealing for fairness.

And there you go again always the same, different views to yourself and you cannot help but get personal! Assuming how people feel about issues.

And there you go again always the same, different views to yourself and you cannot help but get personal! Assuming how people feel about issues.

Hardly personal as such but it does get a tad wearisome constantly countering the same old right wing argument. If that is what you refer to there you go again, then yes happy to counter the ignorance and outright lies. I don't assume feelings of others I relate to what is written on here. I don't have views in the main I state facts. Arrogant as it may sound.

Baz to seek asylum is not illegal - they are not committing a crime - although the Australian government would love you to believe that - the minute they got in to power they changed the name of asylum seekers arriving by boat from Unauthorised maritime arrivals to Illegal maritime arrivals - says it all really

To seek asylum is not illegal, you are right, but what do you make of this section that is highlighted?

Article 31 of the Refugee Convention prohibits states parties from imposing penalties on refugees who, when coming directly from a territory where their life or freedom was threatened, enter or are present in their territory without authorisation, provided they present themselves without delay to the authorities and can show good cause for their illegal entry or presence.

What do you think about my post above?

Archived