WA still topping other states

But who'd want a "mansion" out there? Well obviously some would for keeping up appearances. Impress the left behinds back home and that sort of thing. Forgetting the negatives in the process.

Maybe..just maybe...some want value for money and a sense of being 'away from it all'?? plus a nice big house to boot close to the ocean...do you think that could appeal to some people...maybe??

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read this thread but @ OP, I love Darwin and NT as a traveller. Not sure how I would feel about living there though...couple of years maybe. I think a lot of people feel the same because it has a very transient population.

I think you just proved my point didn't you? Yanchep would be a 1 and half hour drive to the city at least during peak traffic or 30 mins to Clarkson then 40 min train. And there is bugger all there....

Read my other posts col. I didn't "prove your point" at all mate. I know how far Yanchep is, 48Km from the City. Your point was that you needed to be out that far to get something decent for less than $500k. You can get something very decent that far out for $350,000k ish. You can get something very decent for $500,000 a lot closer. Others have posted on here what they paid for property only 20 - 30K out of the City.

Not everyone works in the City. Yanchep would be a great place to live for someone working in Joondalup. Whether yo uthink there's "bugger all there" is all in the eye of the beholder. There are some people that will love that environment and lifestyle it can offer. I reckon in about 5 years time those houses will seem like a real bargain.

Read my other posts col. I didn't "prove your point" at all mate. I know how far Yanchep is, 48Km from the City. Your point was that you needed to be out that far to get something decent for less than $500k. You can get something very decent that far out for $350,000k ish. You can get something very decent for $500,000 a lot closer. Others have posted on here what they paid for property only 20 - 30K out of the City.

Not everyone works in the City. Yanchep would be a great place to live for someone working in Joondalup. Whether yo uthink there's "bugger all there" is all in the eye of the beholder. There are some people that will love that environment and lifestyle it can offer. I reckon in about 5 years time those houses will seem like a real bargain.

I don't understand how anyone could disagree with this post...but someone will

Correct me if i am wrong but 1 person said they bought a house recently in Yangebup I cant remember any other posts about recent purchases. Parts of Yangebup are ok, parts are so so. I don't live too far from there and looked at property there as large plots for cheap but the school is way below avg and 10% of the kids are indigenous so that tells me probably quite a lot of homes west houses. before anyone starts to take offence I have friends who live there and they have a lovely house and their street is fine and the neighbours property just sold for $500k. Yes there are some jobs in Joondaloup if you work in a hospital or shop but not a lot else. Yanchep is fine if you are FIFO but most employment is City or South you cant deny that. And yanchep to Joondaloup is still about a 40-50 min drive in peak traffic. Marmion is heaving onto the freeway in the morning. I did live in Mindarie once upon a time

Yet another colin gem....classic. Are you a real person?

What colin writes about northern suburbs is true. Yanchep is fine for fifo and a huge proportion of work is in the city or south.. How can you say otherwise..? Your a dog walker right...???

What colin writes about northern suburbs is true. Yanchep is fine for fifo and a huge proportion of work is in the city or south.. How can you say otherwise..? Your a dog walker right...???

Everyone who pays a mortgage and lives in yanchep must be fifo? Who do you know who lives in Yanchep?

Sorry don't read the sun, its a labour supporting piece of shite that reports on Z list celebs which i care nothing of, i prefer to know whats happening in the real world rather than what colour of knickers Jordon or Jade goody are wearing.

Mirror reader

There are huge industrial developments NOR. I cant be arsed to list them all. Retail, industry, hospitality, engineering, nursing, medical, name the speciality its here.

There is Malaga and Wangara and a little in Osborne Park( mostly retail) which make up about 20% of Perth's total and they are nothing compared to what is South in terms of Job opportunities for skilled people.

There is Malaga and Wangara and a little in Osborne Park( mostly retail) which make up about 20% of Perth's total and they are nothing compared to what is South in terms of Job opportunities for skilled people.

I thought you said all work was south or city? Are there no electricians, plumbers, carpenters, engineers, teachers, social workers, nurses, doctors, IT professionals, retail workers, bakers, farmers, managers etc etc working NOR?

I thought you said all work was south or city? Are there no electricians, plumbers, carpenters, engineers, teachers, social workers, nurses, doctors, IT professionals, retail workers, bakers, farmers, managers etc etc working NOR?

I said the majority of work was CBD or South yes there will always be service work where houses are that much is obvious. That still only makes up a small percentage of Perths workforce working around Joondaloup

I said the majority of work was CBD or South yes there will always be service work where houses are that much is obvious. That still only makes up a small percentage of Perths workforce working around Joondaloup

Ok. Good for you Col. I hope work carries on coming in for you.

Archived