Short Term Rentals - How easy is it to find ?

North to South

Hi,

This is a very quick question to find out how easy people have found it/find it to gain short term accommodation to tide them over until you gain your first proper rental/property in Australia? This could also be for people seeking apartments/self catering when doing their reccies.

The reason I ask is that I'm considering creating a very simple website where accommodation owners, who provide short term rentals, could list their properties and I could then make it available to PIOers to ease their searches.

It'd be great to hear some feedback on whether this would be a useful website/service for people who are making the move?

Thanks, Rich

Perhaps contact admin of this site to discuss possible advertising etc on PIO.

Fwiw, there are sites out there already do the same thing. I know where we live there are a fair few short term rental options and they are easy to find online with a quick google search.

Stayz, Takeabreak, Realestate, quickbeds, rent a home etc etc all offer furnished rentals / holiday lets and are quite popular sites. There are lots of smaller sites out there too so as the above says it may be best to look into the 'competition' and see if you think you could offer a similar service or even a better one.

Cal x

I understood that short term rentals are very easy to find as they charge at holiday prices - hence no harder to find than a hotel room. The real adventure starts when looking for a longer term rental property where some people are perceived to be "good bets" and would get anything they applied for and others are "bad bets" and would struggle to be offered a property even if they were the only person interested.

It is easy to find short term furnished lets for a weekend to months we have done this in Australia and elsewhere there are lots of sites that do this already. I tend to trust the more well known sites more than smaller private ones too as there is always a risk booking remotely especially when you pay up front.

only time I have had difficulty is when the owner or agen doesn't speak English"