Defacto partner question.

JMcW89

Hi all.

I have a question about defacto partners. My partner is a nurse so is lookin to apply as a skilled occupant. i am hoping to apply as a de facto partner on her application. We have been together for 5 years. The problem is i have been living with her and her parents to allow us to save money as her parents have plenty of room. Will this count as living together for the 12 month minimum requirement? We can prove we have been together 5 years with photos travel documents etc. We even visited friends in Australia 4 years ago who are both permanent residents of oz.

Thanks

DO you have any joint asserts? Any financial commitments together OR do you have any mail addressed to both of you at the same address. Council tax / utility bill etc etc. You can get the parents to sign a statutory deceleration along with both of yours??

I am currently in the application process and have uploaded sooo much evidence, I too am concerned I have enough, and I have mortgage statements with our name on!

do you have post sent to this address? if you have bank statements, etc sent to you at that address and your partner has the same, that will prove you've been living at the same address. Also agree with CoolBreeze - ask her parents to write a statutory declaration, setting out the living arrangements and how long you've been there.

• 1 month later...

Bills and bank statements addressed individually but sent to the same address can be used as supporting evidence showing you have lived together for the 12 months if you dont have anything in joint names to that address. And (as mentioned above) the stat dec from your "inlaws" would be additional evidence and definitely wont hurt to get. Good luck on your application

Wage slips at your current address or car insurance helps. We supplied copies of doctors letters as they showed our address. AA membership was in both names too plus we had joint health insurance through my work. Just look through all your old and recent correspondence for clues, you usually have more than you think.

Good luck

Archived