Freak electrical storms hit UK.

Guest Guest66881

Guest Guest66881

Heavy rain and strong wind has battered much of Britain, with fierce thunderstorms hitting London as the Met Office issued severe weather warnings.

Shoppers were left drenched in fierce downpours across the south, while sports fans at football, rugby and horse racing meetings were hit by torrential rain.

London was struck by a fierce electrical storm in later afternoon, with lightning strikes cracking across the sky, pouring rain and hailstones pelting the city.

The thunderstorms also struck across the Midlands and into East Anglia, with winds of more than 50mph reported yesterday afternoon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22877[/ATTACH]

More http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545764/Freak-electrical-storm-batters-half-country-incredible-pictures-emerge-ferocious-lightning-forks-giant-hailstones.html

It was an absolute ripper! The UK lightning tracker site was incredible for a few minutes. Mother Nature does fireworks better than the commercial varieties. It did bugger up the Cambridge train arrivals and departures for a few hours though (and many others I suspect!)

Yesterdays weather where I live was really quite strange.I walked into town at 11am,in sunshine and no wind!It stayed that way until 3.30pm,and all of a sudden the sky went black,the wind started howling,and it was like someone had just turned a switch!lol Luckily ours only lasted a couple of hours if that.All looks well this morning!

It was an absolute ripper! The UK lightning tracker site was incredible for a few minutes. Mother Nature does fireworks better than the commercial varieties. It did bugger up the Cambridge train arrivals and departures for a few hours though (and many others I suspect!)

Didn't know there was such a site!

Can you post the link?

Heavy rain and strong wind has battered much of Britain, with fierce thunderstorms hitting London as the Met Office issued severe weather warnings.

Shoppers were left drenched in fierce downpours across the south, while sports fans at football, rugby and horse racing meetings were hit by torrential rain.

London was struck by a fierce electrical storm in later afternoon, with lightning strikes cracking across the sky, pouring rain and hailstones pelting the city.

The thunderstorms also struck across the Midlands and into East Anglia, with winds of more than 50mph reported yesterday afternoon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22877[/ATTACH]

More http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545764/Freak-electrical-storm-batters-half-country-incredible-pictures-emerge-ferocious-lightning-forks-giant-hailstones.html

something and nothing ...I was in London until 5pm Saturday, no rain , a nice day for mid winter ....then it started to rain as we left marylebone ...although they did have heavy rain and hail in brum ......its called WINTER ....don't believe the hype ....

Archived