What ya doin for Australia Day!

Guest Guest26012

Guest Guest26012

We are goin to the pub for a couple of hours with friends then back to theirs for a BBQ and pool party! What you doing?

Was going fishing but got much needed rain and, being an oldie, don't want to fall R sover on wet rocks. So, might have to content myself with some reel maint. and cleaning a few rods.

Bugga of a hard life, innit?:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Bungendore Show, hobnobbing with the hoi polloi of the equestrian show world such as Joh Bailey 'hairdresser to the stars'. Jeesus some of these people have spent more than a kings ransom!

Going to the Fireworks in Perth this evening with a group of oldie friends. Currently at home having had a swim, a beer, checking PIO and PerthPoms, and about to go into the kitchen to have a culinary "play" putting a picnic together for this evening.

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY PIO!!!!

Australia Day 2014.jpg

Australia Day 2014.jpg

Just had son and new wife here for a BBQ. They drove an hour each way to spend some family time with us, as they said they are lucky to have family near!! I think we are the lucky ones as they have friends staying for the weekend, who would obviously have been welcome, but their friends were happy to do their own thing for a few hours. Enjoying Brisbane and better shopping at Chermside than in Gladstone.

I'm driving my Toyota Hilux Ute around the town centre with at least 4 Ozzie flags hanging out the windows and playing Men at Work 'I come from a land downunder' very loud :-)

Guest The Pom Queen
haven't done a lot, been for a swim, sunbathe and a walk!

More than me, I've slept, worked, slept and worked oh and had a quick game on BB

I'm very proud if my oh, she did her pledge, went up and shook the mayors hand.

I went half way down the aisle to get a photo, the kids then both ran down and gave her a hug whilst she was still up the front.

They got a collective 'ooooohhhhhh' from the whole hall!

She got her native plant and like a true Aussie she now is, I found two in the boot when we got home :laugh:

Archived