The Pommie Invasion

simmo

I'm glad that poor Dr was able to increase her acreage to 30 acres. Living in UK on only 1 acre must have been a bit of a squeeze. Plus of course the housing here is so much cheaper and we can all raise chickens with all the free time we get as you hardly ever need to go into the office in Australia. I reckon everyone who can should come over while it's all so cheap, there's jobs for all, and pounds buy so many dollars.

Plus of course the housing here is so much cheaper and we can all raise chickens with all the free time we get as you hardly ever need to go into the office in Australia.

The housing probably was a lot cheaper where she bought. She did say that working hours for GPs allowed greater flexibility here. I don't know what the big deal is about chickens. Lots of people have them here...chickens and a full time job are no problem (been there, done that).

We'll be adding to the invasion as soon as possible. It's so expensive here. My youngest sons bedroom is 2m x2m...for us to move up to the next house on the ladder we'd have to have a crazy mortgage that we will probably have to pass on to our kids. My friend has just bought a 4 bed house in crawley down with a garage that you can't actually fit a car in and a strip of grass out the back they call a garden for the knock down price of £480k ($880k). I'm just so grateful that I can come home to Aus and give my son a bigger bedroom :wink:

We'll be adding to the invasion as soon as possible. It's so expensive here. My youngest sons bedroom is 2m x2m...for us to move up to the next house on the ladder we'd have to have a crazy mortgage that we will probably have to pass on to our kids. My friend has just bought a 4 bed house in crawley down with a garage that you can't actually fit a car in and a strip of grass out the back they call a garden for the knock down price of £480k ($880k). I'm just so grateful that I can come home to Aus and give my son a bigger bedroom :wink:

i think you will find Australia has changed a lot since you were last here

I'd have a look at property prices before you make the move.

I appreciate that house prices have increased considerably in Aus in recent years but many places still look good value compared to the SE of England. Have just sold my 3 bed period terrace with tiny garden on the South Coast and for similar (and less) money one could get a large four bed on a third of an acre in the outer burbs of Melbourne.

Archived