commuters 'crying, begging' to board trains

simmo

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/melbourne-city-centre-a-death-trap-as-heatisland-effect-takes-its-toll-20140116-30xt8.html

Perhaps if you read this article from the Age today you will understand how these people were feeling.

Its not just the heat we worry about in Melbourne its the fires and as it stands now we have a 1000 fires burning around the State. Just think of the animals, the people, the homes the distress, its not funny and people are not wimps.

After actually reading the article,the only person who was crying and begging was a European.

Wouldn't have been a pom, no way!

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/melbourne-city-centre-a-death-trap-as-heatisland-effect-takes-its-toll-20140116-30xt8.html

Perhaps if you read this article from the Age today you will understand how these people were feeling.

Its not just the heat we worry about in Melbourne its the fires and as it stands now we have a 1000 fires burning around the State. Just think of the animals, the people, the homes the distress, its not funny and people are not wimps.

what on the trains!!!:elvis:

Even this is made into a contest!

And even if sympathy is expressed for Australia-THAT is a contest: it's only the Poms/Europeans! It's almost everyone! Spare a thought for babies/toddlers/those who are ill/the elderly.

It's bloody hot OK? It's vile, I absolutely hated it!

If people choose to live/like Australia, then they should suck it up? It is torture for some! I don't give one damn if your Grandmother shivered in a fur coat because it was only 48 degs and SHE didn't have airconditioning!

It is draining and at that level a health hazard. And to be in crowds, with failing services, and non airconditioned buses and trains (even in this day and age??); is purgatory.

I don't know how the hell they cope. And my oath, yes I am damn glad I'm no longer there!

How weird is it that you can have sympathy for Australians, yet still be considered to be criticizing Australia!

I actually feel bad for them, I wouldn't want to be out on a scorching day like that.....i think being on or off the train would have been a nightmare, being surrounded by a lot of people will make you feel even warmer.

I remember being extremely hot and uncomfortable when we had our heatwave in the UK last summer and our part of the hospital had no air con, in fact I think the heating was still on too, so i can't imagine what people working indoors with no air con must have felt like at 40+

Can't be any worse than the tube when its hot. Fainted on that while crammed in like a sardine

And doesn't smell like the tube!

Tbh I have been commuting all week ( 2 trains via Flinders); waiting an extra 10 mins, while being placated by very humourous Metro announcers, before getting on an air conditioned train isn't exactly torture.

Tbh I have been commuting all week ( 2 trains via Flinders); waiting an extra 10 mins, while being placated by very humourous Metro announcers, before getting on an air conditioned train isn't exactly torture.

For you. This is what I was saying: why judge people based on your reaction? It is vile and uncomfortable and I don't blame those who are distressed one little bit.

Last season the train to the Southern suburbs was not running and non airconditioned extra buses were put on by one of the privately run public transport companies. It was a heatwave that had gone on for days. People complained,- (oh the shame of them!!) The head of that 'service' was quoted as saying 'they would just have to put up with it'. These congenital idiots know full well that people have no choice.

.....Weatherill had a word in his shell like though. They put a/c buses on. Twerp!

I would have equal sympathy for those at the other extreme of temperatures as well.

We do actually have a thing called aircon in the 21stC. It should be a standard in all buildings/schools-some do not have a/c!

I feel sorry for those wo do not have a/c particularly the vulnerable.

Petals,no disrespect but if it were us,6ft deep in snow?Would certain persons on this forum or whatever have empathy for those in need,isolated,dying of cold?We usually get the "Man up,its only snow"lines.

I feel for all people who are distressed in a weather situation. However it well known that heat is a real problem as people who are old or ill cannot drink enough to keep hydrated in the heat. Our fires in my view are a lot worse than 6 foot of snow. You can wait to be dug out.

I do not think a bush fire coming at people at high speed is anything like being in snow. Just like we are supposed to carry wool blankets in our cars here for fire reasons people in cold weather have to make the same arrangements for the cold.

The devastation in the country today is terrible, human and more so the animals standing in the paddocks burnt and suffering and waiting for someone to come and put them out of their misery.

How can you compare.

Guest Guest 47403

Damn you and your reality!

Guest Guest16631

........good grief where is the empathy for our fellow man....?

.........does it matter wether it's someone feeling strained in the weather .....

.........down in emotions

..........or been given some devastating news........

............surely there is no ....degree.......

.............we all have different levels of coping......

................just hope those lacking in empathy......never need it themselves when their distress is perceived as trivial .........

I am disgusted at some of the attitudes of members of this forum, People are suffering and people will die because of the extreme weather and all some can do on here is to turn it into an us versus them argument. Just under 12 months ago My home was hit by a tornado, myself and my neighbors got through that period because of the help and assistance from others, thank god i did not have to rely on the members of this forum, I would not have survived.

Archived