Freezing in the US- Australia is the best

Mushahid

Hi Guys

Its been some months since I had accepted the offer to work in New York City- Manhattan and moved from Perth.

Its been good except that I miss the lovely warm weather I had enjoyed in Perth .

Its been freezing in NYC as the polar vortex has moved in towards the northeast US. Right now as I write this , it is -14 deg C and it is bound to get worst later on in the week . Other places have temperatures no one wants to hear about.( -40 in North Dakota)

Just wanted to write this and maybe read later on when I am back in Perth and if I miss New York...I can feel happy reading this post .

Njoy Australia....The Best place on Earth....:)

Cheers from New York City

MS

I feel your pain. I too lived in Perth and am back in Southern Ontario Canada. It is like a blizzard right now. Our high tomorrow is forecast at -19c with a wind chill of -38c.

Good news is that our house is warm and the coffee is hot and cheap.

Keep warm and safe my friend.

Cheers

Karen

Wowser Mushahid don't think I could cope with that...

Did both you and wife head to the US? How is she coping with the temps?

Yeah...my wife joined me from Toronto ...a month ago...shez alright with this weather...She is a cold person...didn't like Perth much. as it was warm and sunny.

Yeah...my wife joined me from Toronto ...a month ago...shez alright with this weather...She is a cold person...didn't like Perth much. as it was warm and sunny.

Your wife is a crazy cannuck, she is probably feeling right at home in NYC. Tell her Southern Ontario is getting hammered right now. 4 counties have closed all roads in Midwestern Ontario.

Cheers

Karen (another crazy cannuck lol)

Hi Guys

Its been some months since I had accepted the offer to work in New York City- Manhattan and moved from Perth.

Its been good except that I miss the lovely warm weather I had enjoyed in Perth .

Its been freezing in NYC as the polar vortex has moved in towards the northeast US. Right now as I write this , it is -14 deg C and it is bound to get worst later on in the week . Other places have temperatures no one wants to hear about.( -40 in North Dakota)

Just wanted to write this and maybe read later on when I am back in Perth and if I miss New York...I can feel happy reading this post .

Njoy Australia....The Best place on Earth....:)

Cheers from New York City

MS

Perth heading towards 40 degrees this week. Other end of the spectrum if you like. If weather obsession is one's principle criteria with regards the ranking of a city Perth would top New York. Luckily there is far more to it than that and comparison is futile. Either one likes cosmopolitan big city living (world's greatest city along with London)or prefers small town almost country living. There is little in between.

Perth heading towards 40 degrees this week. Other end of the spectrum if you like. If weather obsession is one's principle criteria with regards the ranking of a city Perth would top New York. Luckily there is far more to it than that and comparison is futile. Either one likes cosmopolitan big city living (world's greatest city along with London)or prefers small town almost country living. There is little in between.

You have a point there.

but for me to enjoy a place ,the weather should be be supporting and nice and pleasant .

my criterion for judging a city is by the development index and weather

It is upper 20's today here south of Perth. We are forecast 40 for the weekend.

But I miss the cold, so you can be jealous of here and I will be jealous of there.

Weve had plenty of rain .....and high winds, but certainly not cold .....can we make it through the winter with few days below zero ....I could do with a bit of sun VS, but you can stick 30c plus ....and 40c ...sod that

You have a point there.

but for me to enjoy a place ,the weather should be be supporting and nice and pleasant .

my criterion for judging a city is by the development index and weather

A polar temperature of -6 degrees Celsius in Houston :wink:. Hang in there, March is coming soon and New York will be lovely again :cool:

Archived