24,000 families claiming benefit for 40,000 children living abroad.

simmo

Mr Cameron said: ‘I don’t think that is right and that is something I want to change.’

Here are around 24,000 families claiming for 40,000 children, with two-thirds of the children based in Poland.

Mr Cameron said: ‘I don’t think that is right and that is something I want to change.’

Is Dave right?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whichever side of the political spectrum you sit on I cant see that this is a reasonable policy. Lunacy...however did it ever come into play? Nanny state politics.

UK citizens can claim support in eu countries - so it's reciprocal.

Where does 'nanny state' come into it? (Apart from as a pun!)

Thems are the laws Aldo. If you don't like them you can always move elsewhere?

It's classic right wing tub thumping though innit - blame foreign born children for the countries ills. I wouldn't expect anything less.

sorry i must have missed the bit where anyone was blaming foreign children for the countries ills.

Its not truly reciprocal though is it because its clearly more profitable for adults from certain eu countries to come and work in the uk while getting their children supported back home than it is the other way round. Cant blame these economic migrants can you..but that doesnt make it s sensible policy does it?

Its not truly reciprocal though is it because its clearly more profitable for adults from certain eu countries to come and work in the uk while getting their children supported back home than it is the other way round. Cant blame these economic migrants can you..but that doesnt make it s sensible policy does it?

And how many people would seriously think its a good idea to move to another country without their kids in order to claim a maximum of £35 a week go free?

That the 'story' is yet more political point scoring.

There is no information on those claiming this benefit.

They may all be on the dole - but I doubt it as EU Migrants are 50% less likely to be claiming job related benefits in comparison to UK born shirkers.

It's conceivable these people are all higher earners paying a lot of tax that far outweighs this £35 pw.

It it just says everything about the state of our political system that support for children is used as such a divisive issue.

Is Dave right?

What is it with this site and flogging tripe from the Daily Mail? Dave is never right. Does no one on here read the Guardian?

EU Migrants are 50% less likely to be claiming job related benefits in comparison to UK born shirkers.

On that note I suppose UK born non-shirkers are more likely to be working than immigrant "shirkers"...

do think you fool anyone with your twisted riddles?

On that note I suppose UK born non-shirkers are more likely to be working than immigrant "shirkers"...

do think you fool anyone with your twisted riddles?

When you consider facts to be 'twisted riddles' I know you're going to struggle.

As a proportion of their number more migrants claim working benefits - so a higher proportion therefore must be in work.

Simples!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10426202/Migrants-more-likely-to-claim-work-benefits-than-Britons.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10547750/Britain-is-in-desperate-need-of-immigration-from-the-EU.html

In theory perhaps but the reality proved different. The first year in France I was unemployed for two and a half months after completing a nine month contract. My next contract wouldn't commence until into the following year. I attempted to claim social security payment but the bureaucratic hurdles proved too difficult. They even sent an official to my place of residence to check the living arrangements. As I was sharing with a female friend(separate rooms) they accused me of being in a relationship and that that person could support me financially for the ten week period of no income. Appealed and it went on and on in language too complicated to contend with. If someone else from abroad (EU)had applied with no French skills I find it hard to imagine they would get very far.

What is it with this site and flogging tripe from the Daily Mail? Dave is never right. Does no one on here read the Guardian?

I must confess that I do. The Independent, Daily Telegraph and Evening Standard more or less completes my UK journal reading. For light relief on occasions a tabloid ..but there are only so many hours to waste.

When you consider facts to be 'twisted riddles' I know you're going to struggle.

As a proportion of their number more migrants claim working benefits - so a higher proportion therefore must be in work.

Simples!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10426202/Migrants-more-likely-to-claim-work-benefits-than-Britons.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10547750/Britain-is-in-desperate-need-of-immigration-from-the-EU.html

yes but you are comparing immigrants that come here to seek work with "uk born shirkers" not eally a comparrison is it? see if you can reply without getting personal :wink:go on really try..

yes but you are comparing immigrants that come here to seek work with "uk born shirkers" not eally a comparrison is it? see if you can reply without getting personal :wink:go on really try..

Nothings personal Aldo, you know we are all adults here.

So I've shown that these claimants are more likely to be contributing to our collective coffers than uk born people.

If you can't see that is beneficial to the country, so be it.

Is Dave right?

I'll pay you this one. Couldn't believe it when I read this. Bloody stupid. Can't believe they do this.

Sorry, I know the point of the post is about uk benefits going to non UK children/families etc but...I don't understand the reasoning behind 'if one person earns 50k, benefit is reduced ' but not if both incomes are total 50k?? Why is that?:huh:

more people more outgoings i suppose, not sure TBH

Archived