Dogs names ....

Love Shoes

Reading through another thread and someone mentioned people with strangely named dogs, like Tyson and Kong, wondering why do people give their dogs strange names .....

whats your dogs name ? Ours is a boring traditional name, no Kong or Tyson here ..... Do you think it's fair to give dogs funny names ..... Mind though some parents these days give their children strange names ..... :wink:

When I worked in a bar one of the regulars had a dog called Askit...just so when people said " what's your dogs name" he could turn round and say Askit....

An old boss had two labs, one black, one cream...the black one was called Guiness the cream one Bailey...

My friend has two chocolate labs...one called Rolo the other called Pudding...

We have two black labs who the girls named Diesel and Bailey but over the years they have become known as Dum Dum and BoBo :smile:

Well when we got our scottie when I was 10 or 11 we called him Jock.. So predictable. It was that or hamish! Then when I met dave he already had eric. Everybody thought that was a really strange name. I liked it though. Its quite unusual for a dog lol. I hate when you hear dogs being called Killer or something daft like that

We've had Missy the lemon merle border collie, and Chance who we gave a chance and he squandered it(just kidding he was lovely)....by demolishing the house every time we left...poor sod had issues when left alone god luv'im but couldn't stay. People would more likely say my kids have stranger names...strange to others not to me ;)

I don't like traditional names either lol. Well I don't mind some of them but not for my kids. One of ours when we first named him there weren't any others and now there are LOADS lol and the other one is still unusual and he's 4. Although not too out there as hubby vetoed a lot of the ones I suggested lol xx

I don't care what people think of my kids names. I chose them cos I loved them and I still love them now lol x

I don't like traditional names either lol. Well I don't mind some of them but not for my kids. One of ours when we first named him there weren't any others and now there are LOADS lol and the other one is still unusual and he's 4. Although not too out there as hubby vetoed a lot of the ones I suggested lol xx

I don't care what people think of my kids names. I chose them cos I loved them and I still love them now lol x

When I named my daughter, her nana was like "what? You're ACTUALLY going to call her that!!?? No..." think she thought I was kidding all them months haha....and funnier is that our youngest lad...his nanas old dog had the same name Hahahhaaaaaaaa :biglaugh:

I didn't know any and when people used to ask his name they used to say oh I've never heard of that before how unusual. Now everyone and their dog is called it lol x

My youngest they usually go "eh?....what?" and I have to repeat it.....now I just go "yes, as in the colour". He's called Blue x

Archived