Is WDU your guilty pleasure too?

Nikey

No ones asked me how long I was in Australia for have they gary?

Don't you even dare start on about how great the British weather, your the wrong side of the Pennines to be doing that :laugh:

What makes you think I'm in a bad area? Another one seeing posts that aren't there, show me what I've posted to indicate I'm in a bad area of the UK gary.

Page 12 of this thread, 7th passage by Melza "how long did you stay in Oz?"

Your settings "the cold damp and grey UK." My post may have been a bit cryptic although it was weather related, that's where you have stated you are in a grim area, or are you stating that the whole of the UK like that.

Edited by garyupnorth

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Mondays episode,mainly because I have lived in Mt Barker.Please correct me if I'm wrong,but when you move to Oz,there must be some kind of magical time line you cross when flying to Oz because most people suddenly get more family time???So does Oz have 36 hrs in a day as opposed to 24?:laugh:Give me a break people!This couple look like they have put themselves into the deep end financially in the UK.A young couple,first house,a semi,and they wonder why they dont apparently have any spare time???The lady mentioned they dont even have time to watch a movie together?????Ridiculous!No one I know works so much in the UK they cant watch a movie!So where is all this spare time coming from?S*** I'll move back to Oz and looks like I'll automatically gain extra hours in a day!:laugh:

If you do Melza, don't go back to Mt. Barker and you might actually like it. Don't think I could live there.

Guest Guest 47403
Page 12 of this thread, 7th passage by Melza "how long did you stay in Oz?"

Your settings "the cold damp and grey UK." My post may have been a bit cryptic although it was weather that's where you have stated you are in a grim area.

Er nothing cryptic strangely at this time of year (quite often all throughout the year) it can be cold grey and damp! Guess what gary it can be cold grey and damp in the grim areas of in the UK along with the affluent areas.

So really I haven't stated anywhere that I live in a grim area have i? You being a 'returnee' suddenly now feel those moving to Oz must be from a grim area to want to leaves the UK! So start generalising!

See gary it started the self justification lol

Er nothing cryptic strangely at this time of year (quite often all throughout the year) it can be cold grey and damp! Guess what gary it can be cold grey and damp in the grim areas of in the UK along with the affluent areas.

So really I haven't stated anywhere that I live in a grim area have i? You being a 'returnee' suddenly now feel those moving to Oz must be from a grim area to want to leaves the UK! So start generalising!

See gary it started the self justification lol

So how long we're you in Australia Baz?....I think you said you were in Darwin for 10 days once.....is that right?

Guest Guest 47403
So how long we're you in Australia Baz?....I think you said you were in Darwin for 10 days once.....is that right?

Here she comes, must have been trawling through my previous posts eh flattie glad I'm of so much interest to you, sorry the feeling isn't reciprocal flower.

Here she comes, must have been trawling through my previous posts eh flattie glad I'm of so much interest to you, sorry the feeling isn't reciprocal flower.

Not trawling....don't flatter yourself:laugh:

You told us recently.

You are indeed an expert on Australian life as you have spent so much time here:biglaugh:

Not quite as expert as your now absent mate who also came on holiday here once:laugh:

Guest Guest 47403
Not trawling....don't flatter yourself:laugh:

You told us recently.

You are indeed an expert on Australian life as you have spent so much time here:biglaugh:

Not quite as expert as your now absent mate who also came on holiday here once:laugh:

Show me where I have claimed to be an expert on Australian life then flattie, melza can't can you?

I'm waiting...............

Oh dear still hold a candle for the hoff don't you lol he really got under your skin didn't he, far to positive an outlook on life for dear grumpy old flattie :laugh:

Guest Guest 47403
Showed his true colours in the end though didn't he 'ten day'?....Just like he did elsewhere:laugh:

As you show yours with every silly little post eh, what's up knocking the top off a few tonight princess seen this before haven't we :laugh:

Guest Guest 47403
You are funny 'ten day'

Thanks I try princess, sure there must be a 'cosy log fire' forum somewhere perhaps you could have a look compare googled pics with like minded individuals :laugh:

Guest guest30085
Stop the b1tching please

And they say women are b!tchy ... some of the men on this forum are permanently suffering from PMT :rolleyes::wink:

Enjoyed today's episode, felt awful for the lass when they said there's no jobs in Adelaide for nurses at that time, was pleased though when her partner found out he could pretty much double his earnings. Got to be a pull for many people if you can have a considerably better lifestyle because of a wage increase. She seemed to have really been determined, doing her nursing specifically in the hope of making the move. Hope it turns out well for them, seem like a canny family x

Enjoyed today's episode, felt awful for the lass when they said there's no jobs in Adelaide for nurses at that time, was pleased though when her partner found out he could pretty much double his earnings. Got to be a pull for many people if you can have a considerably better lifestyle because of a wage increase. She seemed to have really been determined, doing her nursing specifically in the hope of making the move. Hope it turns out well for them, seem like a canny family x

I know, I was gutted for her! This coming from someone who has just done the same and started a degree last september!

Not that I don't love podiatry but Aus was the push I needed to give up work and study.

I'm sure she'll find work at some point if she needs to.

I'm currently watching a load of 'revisited' on you tube whilst sat in the bath lol :D

If you do Melza, don't go back to Mt. Barker and you might actually like it. Don't think I could live there.

:eek:????? I have lived in more places in SA than Mt Barker???And I did like it?What gave you the impression I did'nt?if I say anything negative about Australia is either (1)In the news,I read the Oz news daily to keep up with whats happening and (2)I am a realist.I know both countries quite well actually,having lived in both for a quite a long time.

Show me where I have claimed to be an expert on Australian life then flattie, melza can't can you?

I'm waiting...............

Oh dear still hold a candle for the hoff don't you lol he really got under your skin didn't he, far to positive an outlook on life for dear grumpy old flattie :laugh:

Er no Baz,you have that wrong!Its not because I can't!Its because I can't be arsed!:laugh:

Guest Guest 47403
Er no Baz,you have that wrong!Its not because I can't!Its because I can't be arsed!:laugh:

You make accusations melza then can't back them up!...................poor form really, oh well expected I suppose.

HOW LONG WERE YOU IN OZ BAZ? Just a straight forward question. I'm not having a go, nor bitching I'm just interested, I lived there for 6 months last year and didn't like it in Adelaide, i also had a 2 week holiday in Brisbane in 2010 which I thoroughly enjoyed when my eldest got married up tambourin mountain, I also spent a short period of time down in Hamilton Vic, again that was a lovely break away, so go on how long were you in Oz? We are all dying to know.

Guest Guest 47403
HOW LONG WERE YOU IN OZ BAZ? Just a straight forward question. I'm not having a go, nor bitching I'm just interested, I lived there for 6 months last year and didn't like it in Adelaide, i also had a 2 week holiday in Brisbane in 2010 which I thoroughly enjoyed when my eldest got married up tambourin mountain, I also spent a short period of time down in Hamilton Vic, again that was a lovely break away, so go on how long were you in Oz? We are all dying to know.

Why the interest gary not sure why you are so interested in me, if you read through my previous posts you'll see how long I have spent it Oz it's no secret.

I'm not as it's irrelevant. You really need to get over it

I'm not as it's irrelevant. You really need to get over it

And get over why it's not being answered?

It may well be in the 'archives', but none of us shirks discussion on a discussion forum. We pass opinions/ give responses etc., that's the nature of it-so why not just answer?

If this is to be used by those who defend all things Australia, with the retort, 'how long were you in Australia?' (ergo: what would you know?),-and that IS done, then why the coyness when it is done in reverse? Just answer-ain't no biggie. Is it?

This is the 'PIO two step'-each 'side' protecting its own.

Such fun.