Is WDU your guilty pleasure too?

Nikey

LOL OK you CHOSE not to settle, the thing is it's a like a little pattern with some returnees, they fail to settle then just hang around to trash Oz...........time will tell eh :wink:

Can I assume that you have nothing nice to say about returnees Barry. Never mind we are all entitled to our own opinions. I think we should agree to disagree on our views, as you are assuming that I'm trashing Oz and I'm assuming that your trashing returnees, I think we should move on.

Just off hand where are you at the moment UK or Oz and have you ever been Oz?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest 47403
Can I assume that you have nothing nice to say about returnees Barry. Never mind we are all entitled to our own opinions. I think we should agree to disagree on our views, as you are assuming that I'm trashing Oz and I'm assuming that your trashing returnees, I think we should move on.

Just off hand where are you at the moment UK or Oz and have you ever been Oz?

No you can't assume I have nothing good to say about returnees there are a few really decent folk who don't just whinge, and offer good advice, however there are also those that feel the need to justify there decisions by doing nothing but try and tell those in the process of moving how big a mistake it is, how terrible Oz is etc etc.

I'm currently in the UK, I have been to Oz and am moving there permanently this year thanks for asking.

@ Barry,

I wish you every success, with your wealth of knowledge and having been there before. It's a shame that you have failed to settle in the UK and i look forward to reading your updates on how good Australia is once you have succeeded in settling downunder.

Edited by garyupnorth

Guest Guest 47403
Any more positives Baz that are actually written by yourself?

I'm sure there are some positive comments melza if you trawl through my post history you'll find some, browse at your leisure if your really interested.

Haven't people noticed your negativity towards Australia? Sure I've seen others comment about it.

Guest Guest 47403
@ Barry,

I wish you every success, with your wealth of knowledge and having been there before. It's a shame that you have failed to settle in the UK and i look forward to reading your updates on how good Australia is once you have succeeded in settling downunder.

Well using your own logic gazza you've now failed twice! Third time lucky eh?

I'll do the updates, I will also give it a decent length of time if things aren't going our way, I'll also admit it if I fail to settle.

No you can't assume I have nothing good to say about returnees there are a few really decent folk who don't just whinge, and offer good advice, however there are also those that feel the need to justify there decisions by doing nothing but try and tell those in the process of moving how big a mistake it is, how terrible Oz is etc etc.

I'm currently in the UK, I have been to Oz and am moving there permanently this year thanks for asking.

You too so make me feel like me again thankyou.

Well using your own logic gazza you've now failed twice! Third time lucky eh?

I'll do the updates, I will also give it a decent length of time if things aren't going our way, I'll also admit it if I fail to settle.

Good for you, if you need a hand packing give me a shout I would be more than happy to help. If you want a lift to the airport I will be more than happy to see you off, don't forget your coat ;-) as once you have been there a couple of years got settled and are acclimatised it might get nippy in the evenings in winter.

Edited by garyupnorth

Guest Guest 47403
Good for you, if you need a hand packing give me a shout I would be more than happy to help. If you want a lift to the airport I will be more than happy to see you off, don't forget your coat ;-)

Thanks for the offer but I have it all in hand.

Guest Guest 47403
You too so make me feel like me again thankyou.

Now then kirky hows that fat wallet of yours? Your a lucky guy all that money and.................well all that money :wink:

I'm sure there are some positive comments melza if you trawl through my post history you'll find some, browse at your leisure if your really interested.

Haven't people noticed your negativity towards Australia? Sure I've seen others comment about it.

Yep there probably is negatives Baz and I am moving back to Oz very soon.Diff is I'm a realists not a dreamer!

Guest Guest 47403
And just for the record Baz I grew up in Australia and lived there for 30 years so I think I know the place a little bit better than you?How long did you spend there on holiday?Two weeks?Three?Amazing how that makes someone an expert!

Show me where I have ever claimed to be an Oz expert or offered advice based on my knowledge of Australia melza?

You just keep posting those negative Oz news stories if that's what flicks your switch :laugh:

todays episode quite amusing in a materialistic way... a nice house , and horse for daughter = much much easier to leave behind beloved family back in UK

I wasn't going to watch it as I do usually shun the NZ episodes but I went ahead anyway.

Maybe part of me is a big kid too, I mean I'm hoping to move to Australia with very few reservations (on the family & friends front) and for reasons i believe to be valid, but I suspect a huge sparkly house and a brand new and effectively free car (my version of a pony) would twist my arm too if I wasn't sure lol ;)

That little girl didn't want to move to NZ and leave her horse but as soon as she saw another horse in NZ she was sold... bless xxx

Guest Guest 47403
Nope it does'nt flick my switch!Just look at your location Baz?Says it all right?Cold damp and grey UK!Is that all you can see?

Show me the posts where I have EVER claimed to be an expert please still waiting melza :-)

Is the UK not cold damp and grey at the moment then? I bet you have that little micro climate someone else always seems to have lol :-)

Have to admit I am enjoying the series so far. I treat it as one source of information amongst many that are out there including this forum of course.

I've found forums an invaluable part of research as you get to find out the things that niggle people, hidden treasures, stuff you only gain from first hand experience....and a good all round view from every angle both good and bad and the realistic wake up that shows you its often a lot of the same struggles, but in a much sunnier place maybe.:yes:

Edited by jodipodi