please help ang give yours advices missed must entry date on visa

khansaid

hi

i was issued PR visa last year with must entry date of 11 nov 2013 but due to some important reasons i cud not make this entry now i checked my visa on VEVO it is still valid and i want to go back to australia i contacted the immigration but they say no grant for extension of must entry date. kindly give me advice what i do and how i save my visa from cancellation. and i want to go to australia if i go will i be detained at the airport? or what will happen please give advice and how i proceed now

You are unlikely to even get on a plane without a valid visa.

I think there are very limited times you can get extensions, for example, in hospital, couldn't leave etc.

By the sounds of it immigration don't think you fall into this category.

Your option would then be to apply for a new visa.

You are unlikely to even get on a plane without a valid visa.

I think there are very limited times you can get extensions, for example, in hospital, couldn't leave etc.

By the sounds of it immigration don't think you fall into this category.

Your option would then be to apply for a new visa.

the visa is still valid i check it again and again on VEVO online sytem

the visa is still valid i check it again and again on VEVO online sytem
Probably because they dont sit and watch every visa waiting on it expiring! It will be a different story when you try and use it, will flag up that it is expired then

My understanding of permanent residence visas is that they never expire unless they are cancelled by the Minister, are cancelled at the request of the visa holder, or are superseded by another visa. However, the visa does have a travel component which requires activation by a set date and which lasts up to five years, after which the visa holder would require a Resident Return Visa to re-enter Australia. I believe the OP has lost the travel component of the visa by not activating it and, being outside Australia, cannot now use it to enter Australia. That means the OP would require a new visa to actually enter Australia although the old visa could remain notionally alive indefinitely.

My understanding of permanent residence visas is that they never expire unless they are cancelled by the Minister, are cancelled at the request of the visa holder, or are superseded by another visa. However, the visa does have a travel component which requires activation by a set date and which lasts up to five years, after which the visa holder would require a Resident Return Visa to re-enter Australia. I believe the OP has lost the travel component of the visa by not activating it and, being outside Australia, cannot now use it to enter Australia. That means the OP would require a new visa to actually enter Australia although the old visa could remain notionally alive indefinitely.

Correct. Though they are unlikely to qualify for a RRV

so now what is my other visa option to go back to australia? can yu guide me please

I would suggest the same one as you were granted before. You will have to resit all the tests, medicals, get new police checks, pay the fee again - but at least it will be familiar territory.

but that one was spouse visa a and now me and my ex have broken now

Oops.

The whole point of a spouse visa is that it is so you can live with your partner in your partner's home country. If you have broken up then you have no need to move to Australia.

can some one tell me that am i eligible for visa 189 i have the following qualifications

master in chemistry 2010

bachelor of education 2013.

8 years experience of teaching to secondry level. ( minimum working hours per week is 30)

my wife have the following qualification

master in arts 2012

bachelor of education

bachelor of law.

primary school teaching certificate.

7 years teaching experience in primary governament school in paksitan.

we can achieve ielts score of 6 easily

kindly give guidance shall be thankful to you

no need for misunderstanding me and my ex partner were in 4 years for marriage but then she break with me not i and i come by my own well neither i lived illegal neither i am deported.

Therefore, are we to understand that you have entered into wedlock with another, who possesses the above stated qualifications?

Archived