Australia's going to be the whipping boys of group B

paul1977

England will be able to drop the Aussies off after the group games as they'll be going home too.

Maybe .. Maybe not regarding England.. Australia have no chance.. Shocking group for them.. If Spain perform I reckon it could be a very high score, holland will be a bit easier but will still see them off and chile in South America..another tough one

Unlikely but could it be possible to get past Chile? Couldn't really ask for a harder group.(apart from Argentina or Brazil in place of Chile) Shame really as Football could have done with a boost in Australia, getting to the next stage would have helped.

Even if they beat chile the other teams would of finished them off. Your right about a boost , it's a shame they have such a hard group. I believe one day that football will be the number one sport in Australia

Even if they beat chile the other teams would of finished them off. Your right about a boost , it's a shame they have such a hard group. I believe one day that football will be the number one sport in Australia

The belief in one day has been around for decades. I guess since Australia first qualified in a World Cup. (In 1974 then they had to play the two Germany's, West and GDR as well as Chile) The Chile result then was a draw. Great work for the time.

The market is rather crowed with the different codes. The world game though would give Australians something to relate to when abroad.

Guest Guest 47403

I think England would be whipping boys in that group, proper group of death can't see the aussies winning a game tbh.

I'll be supporting the Aussies in the World Cup. We all know they ain't going to make an impact but I'll be hoping they pull off a suprise result or two.

I expect your second team will be England wont it? :daydreaming:

God, why do you all have such little faith. Holland and chilli? Yes on a good day. Spain, hard, but could draw. I'd put them second in the group. I may even put money on it.

That comment just shows me exactly how much you know about football. Spain could put 7 or 8 past them, holland 4 or 5 and chile the easiest game but no push over . Maybe you should watch the AFL World Cup instead ..

Archived