Nigella admits to Cocaine use.

Parley

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Well obviously you know more about it than most. There are people out there who associate taking coke in particular, linked to the celebrities and the entertainment industry as most decent people wouldn't really know who takes it or cares. My point was Nigella's situation - which I believe is the point of this thread.

Who knows what many so called decent people get up to?

Re-read my original post regarding the point of this thread.

No, I don't think anyone who is involved in drugs is decent or anyone associated with it because the bottom line is I have seen the effects of what it does first hand. I get sick and tired of people who think it's ok to do drugs and everyone does it, which is a load of nonsense. ....they are illegal for reason, right? I will never get involved or associate with people who get involved in drugs and I have dropped friends because of it....easy to do.

The point I made on my original post is that Nigella explained that she is no longer involved in drugs and has learnt from the situation. Also, Nigella's ex-husband is using her history of using drugs as a way of getting back at her....as his aggressive, abusive behaviour was exposed.

To be honest with you Melbkitty - if you don't like the answer, I don't really care.

Some of the big consumers of drugs work in the medical industry. At least it was in the 80s and 90s and I haven't heard of any changes. As for being illegal, well depends on country. You have your hash cafes in Amsterdam and LSD was a legal substance until the 60s from memory.

Smoking has gone from being perfectly acceptable to little tolerance in countries like America and Australia and increasingly so in UK. Far more accepted in Europe.

Re-read my original post regarding the point of this thread.

No, I don't think anyone who is involved in drugs is decent or anyone associated with it because the bottom line is I have seen the effects of what it does first hand. I get sick and tired of people who think it's ok to do drugs and everyone does it, which is a load of nonsense. ....they are illegal for reason, right? I will never get involved or associate with people who get involved in drugs and I have dropped friends because of it....easy to do.

The point I made on my original post is that Nigella explained that she is no longer involved in drugs and has learnt from the situation. Also, Nigella's ex-husband is using her history of using drugs as a way of getting back at her....as his aggressive, abusive behaviour was exposed.

To be honest with you Melbkitty - if you don't like the answer, I don't really care.

I wasn't saying 'it's okay to do drugs', I was pointing out that recreational drug use is very common & I think it's naive to believe that a select 'type' of person would engage in such an activity. I've worked as a substance misue counsellor in prisons in the UK so I have a good insight into the destruction that addiction causes, and yes recreational use can be a slippery slope. I wouldn't judge somebody as not 'decent' though because they choose to engage in such behaviours.

I wasn't saying 'it's okay to do drugs', I was pointing out that recreational drug use is very common & I think it's naive to believe that a select 'type' of person would engage in such an activity. I've worked as a substance misue counsellor in prisons in the UK so I have a good insight into the destruction that addiction causes, and yes recreational use can be a slippery slope. I wouldn't judge somebody as not 'decent' though because they choose to engage in such behaviours.

Indeed. Have come across plenty of outwardly decent folk using recreational drugs over time. Their choice to do so and seemed to have it under control.

Guest Guest66881

I understand that FOC but my point was the 'excuse for usage' usually interprets itself as being an addict in denial, only her word for it at the moment.

Guest Guest66881
Besides the drugs her money would do the trick. Once the makeup if scrapped away though.......

She's a looker though.

Besides the drugs her money would do the trick. Once the makeup if scrapped away though.......

Even with a fortune and a mass of makeup, I wouldn't look as good as her I'm afraid! I've seen shots of her unmade up and she still has the bone structure... <sigh>....

Sherlock Holmes and Queen Victoria, after reading about their personalities....says it all.

I will think and speak how I wish thank you, due to my experiences with having to deal with those with extreme personalities linked to the drug. It is illegal for a reason.

Again, if you don't like my answer, I don't really care

Which bit of Queen Victoria's character do you think was negatively impacted by drug use?

I think I really would like your answer. But I doubt you'll be able to lace one together.

Indeed. Have come across plenty of outwardly decent folk using recreational drugs over time. Their choice to do so and seemed to have it under control.

Of course, every addict starts off as a recreational drug user.

They have it under control until they can no longer keep it under control.

Had to laugh when someone says Sherlock Holmes took cocaine.

So we refer to fictional characters for moral guidance on this issue do we ?

Well, Conan Doyle took it too. And he did alright. And Queen Victoria really existed.

The point being that quite well-respected people have and do take drugs.

Sice we're in the Pacific, how do you stand on Kava?

Of course, every addict starts off as a recreational drug user.

They have it under control until they can no longer keep it under control.

Well actually not some are addicted in a very short time. Addictive Personality perhaps or whatever. Others meanwhile use on a recreational basis, from where some will go on to abuse but not unlike alcohol/tobacco/consumption of materialism.

Well, I haven't.....each and every one I've met have been selfish and destructive. I have NO time for the use of illegal drugs and no time for the people who use it.

Archived