Nigella admits to Cocaine use.

Parley

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should not do anything to her career, her business and besides its a daily revelation in the press that someone or other is taking it.

I don't agree with that logic at all.

It is against the law and just because you are doing it in your own home is no excuse.

There may be a backlash but fortunately she seems to be painting herself as the victim, so may get some sympathy from her viewing public.

I don't agree with that logic at all.

It is against the law and just because you are doing it in your own home is no excuse.

There may be a backlash but fortunately she seems to be painting herself as the victim, so may get some sympathy from her viewing public.

Hardly crime watch stuff is it. A A of lines... What do you want a public flogging?

I don't want anything, just interested to see what impacts it has on her career.

The image of a celebrity chef is not really about drug taking.

Will have to wait and see.

Is cocaine use no big deal these days ? Sad if that is the case.

I don't want anything, just interested to see what impacts it has on her career.

The image of a celebrity chef is not really about drug taking.

Will have to wait and see.

Is cocaine use no big deal these days ? Sad if that is the case.

I don't think it will do a great deal to her career to be honest, and she's admitted sporadic use rather than a habitual 'addiction' - whether or not this is true who knows!

Cocaine use was VERY common amongst my peers when I was living in the UK - in my Uni days & my working days - amongst all kinds of professionals (teachers, doctors, nurses...police...).

Hi guys,

I've read all your comments on here. Ok, so I do not like or agree with anyone who takes any form of drugs....I have seen the impact of behaviour and destruction with people in the past who have been involved in drugs, particularly cocaine. However, they were regular drug users.

What is sad is that you have regular, or 'recreational' drug users of cocaine who work in all industries, not just the media and entrainment that state 'well we all do it, don't we?' as if it is ok. I do not agree with this and would and/or will never associate with anyone who gets involved in that situation.

Nigella explained that she is not a regular user and has learnt from the situation, from the information I got from Sky News here in the UK. However, I really hope for her sake that the situation does not ruin her career as I understand her ex-husband wanted to use every excuse in the book to ruin Nigella's career after pictures of her being abused by the ex-husband, in a public restaurant, which appeared in the press. My gut feeling is that she will and forever love her first husband, who unfortunately was very ill and passed away - heart breaking.

I like Nigella, she is talented - but I despise the character of her ex-husband Mr Saatchi.

Amelie

I think it's more widely used than any if us realise even by "normal" people. When we were saving to come to Australia my OH worked for quite a well known drinks delivery company and he said most of the parties he delivered booze to late at night were all high. We joked that after handling their cash he'd probably get stopped at the airport by the sniffer dogs :laugh:

Hi guys,

I've read all your comments on here. Ok, so I do not like or agree with anyone who takes any form of drugs....I have seen the impact of behaviour and destruction with people in the past who have been involved in drugs, particularly cocaine. However, they were regular drug users.

What is sad is that you have regular, or 'recreational' drug users of cocaine who work in all industries, not just the media and entrainment that state 'well we all do it, don't we?' as if it is ok. I do not agree with this and would and/or will never associate with anyone who gets involved in that situation.

Nigella explained that she is not a regular user and has learnt from the situation, from the information I got from Sky News here in the UK. However, I really hope for her sake that the situation does not ruin her career as I understand her ex-husband wanted to use every excuse in the book to ruin Nigella's career after pictures of her being abused by the ex-husband, in a public restaurant, which appeared in the press. My gut feeling is that she will and forever love her first husband, who unfortunately was very ill and passed away - heart breaking.

I like Nigella, she is talented - but I despise the character of her ex-husband Mr Saatchi.

Amelie

Hear, hear! It's not her on trial here, but that nasty piece of work she was married to is determined to do everything he can to drag her name through the mud. Abusive to her physically as has been seen, and now finding new ways to abuse her. Scum.

Leave Nigella alone. Her chocolate and raspberry pavlova means in my eyes she can do no wrong!

I don't blame her being married to that control freak! I don't think it will damage her as much as his image has been by his OWN behaviour, shes taken the high road (pardon the pun) the whole way with this, he dragged it into the courts to get revenge!

Hi guys,

Amelie

Of course recreational drug taking isn't restricted to celebrities & the entertainment industry - why would it be? It's hardly a new concept. And legal substances such as alcohol & prescription pain killers can be just as damaging.

Of course recreational drug taking isn't restricted to celebrities & the entertainment industry - why would it be? It's hardly a new concept. And legal substances such as alcohol & prescription pain killers can be just as damaging.

...Well obviously you know more about it than most. There are people out there who associate taking coke in particular, linked to the celebrities and the entertainment industry as most decent people wouldn't really know who takes it or cares. My point was Nigella's situation - which I believe is the point of this thread.

The drug of choice by the celeb rich. Nothing new there. Not by any means uncommon and doubt if it'll have much of an impact on her career. Anyway she has likely made a bundle anyway.

...Well obviously you know more about it than most. There are people out there who associate taking coke in particular, linked to the celebrities and the entertainment industry as most decent people wouldn't really know who takes it or cares. My point was Nigella's situation - which I believe is the point of this thread.

So Nigella (or anyone associated with her) is not 'decent' becuase she's dabbled in cocaine?

So Nigella (or anyone associated with her) is not 'decent' becuase she's dabbled in cocaine?

Re-read my original post regarding the point of this thread.

No, I don't think anyone who is involved in drugs is decent or anyone associated with it because the bottom line is I have seen the effects of what it does first hand. I get sick and tired of people who think it's ok to do drugs and everyone does it, which is a load of nonsense. ....they are illegal for reason, right? I will never get involved or associate with people who get involved in drugs and I have dropped friends because of it....easy to do.

The point I made on my original post is that Nigella explained that she is no longer involved in drugs and has learnt from the situation. Also, Nigella's ex-husband is using her history of using drugs as a way of getting back at her....as his aggressive, abusive behaviour was exposed.

To be honest with you Melbkitty - if you don't like the answer, I don't really care.

No, I don't think anyone who is involved in drugs is decent or anyone associated with it because the bottom line is I have seen the effects of what it does first hand. I get sick and tired of people who think it's ok to do drugs and everyone does it, which is a load of nonsense. ....they are illegal for reason, right?

Sherlock Holmes used cocaine. As did Queen Victoria. It used to be put into Coca Cola, hence the name.

Soon it'll be illegal to smoke tobacco. In parts of Oz it still is illegal to drink alcohol.

Try not to confuse decency with the substance. Lots of things are made legal/illegal on the whim of a government.

Sherlock Holmes used cocaine. As did Queen Victoria. It used to be put into Coca Cola, hence the name.

Soon it'll be illegal to smoke tobacco. In parts of Oz it still is illegal to drink alcohol.

Try not to confuse decency with the substance. Lots of things are made legal/illegal on the whim of a government.

Sherlock Holmes and Queen Victoria, after reading about their personalities....says it all.

I will think and speak how I wish thank you, due to my experiences with having to deal with those with extreme personalities linked to the drug. It is illegal for a reason.

Again, if you don't like my answer, I don't really care

Archived