So Poms in the U.k ...what are your thoughts on our current weather ?

bunbury61

Wish i was by the ocean now,looking at the dark brooding waves crashing in,love it when its like that,could sit there for hours watching it,might drive down by the Mersey later,but me backs not too good today,mmm we'l see

thats a thought...would be fab..some amazing photos to be had ..but they always close the sea/ beach off when it gets bad weather..too dangerous x bit too wet to walk along!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest 47403
Yes. Amazing to watch too. We had some incredible ones in Spain this summer.

You get them in the Balkan states magnificent to watch, it's like night turns to day at times amazing.

thats a thought...would be fab..some amazing photos to be had ..but they always close the sea/ beach off when it gets bad weather..too dangerous x bit too wet to walk along!

I love it when its like this,this is from the Wirral side,New Brighton prom overlooking the Three Graces,used to claim a lot of Irish immigrant ships in days gone by,google Kitty Wilkinson,she survived a sinking here,and devoted her life to Liverpools poor,what a woman,one of my heroines

[YOUTUBE]5LC3mqNOcr4[/YOUTUBE]

The Tyne has burst it's banks on the Quayside!!

My daughter's on her way back from there now! It was certainly running faster than I've ever seen it in Hexham earlier - the ducks were on their way to Newcastle whether they wanted to be, or not!

Branches everywhere and the few remaining leaves have given up hanging on. It was so sunny and calm when I was walking, you'd never have believed what had gone before!

Is it the start of the high tide? I think it'll be worse in Norfolk and south of there. Poor people.

The Lowlands and Fens girl yeah,might be bad there,haven't heard anything tho,high tide on the Mersey is about 4/5 pm atm i think,Tyne i dont know tbh,Lindor might

The Lowlands and Fens girl yeah,might be bad there,haven't heard anything tho,high tide on the Mersey is about 4/5 pm atm i think,Tyne i dont know tbh,Lindor might

Around 5ish I think Pablo. I've seen the Quayside flooded before, the same day my house was flooded but that was from a mad storm and it was running into the Tyne, to see the Tyne rise up and overflow onto the Quayside is just mad!

Guest Guest 47403

Passed 3 lorries on there sides on the way home 2 on the M62, 1 on the M18, M62 was closed where it goes over the Ouse because of a lorry over turned and the Trent has burst it's bank in places it normally doesn't and loads evacuated on the East coast because of this sea swell that's expected, flooding expected as far inland as Doncaster due to the sea swell :shocked: ............seemed pretty calm when I drove home though.

Passed 3 lorries on there sides on the way home 2 on the M62, 1 on the M18, M62 was closed where it goes over the Ouse because of a lorry over turned and the Trent has burst it's bank in places it normally doesn't and loads evacuated on the East coast because of this sea swell that's expected, flooding expected as far inland as Doncaster due to the sea swell :shocked: ............seemed pretty calm when I drove home though.

Doncaster!! Bloody hell! That's a fair way in!

Stay safe bazza:wubclub:

Archived