December 189 visas!!

RobRedpath

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, juts FYI. If any of you guys are waiting (for more than a week) for grant after submitting additional documents requested by your CO then please give your CO a call once because it so happened with me that even after 3 weeks of submitting my docs I didn't get grant/any kind of response but when I called my CO to check whats the status he said routine check-up and immediately within 15-20 mins i got my grant.

So better to give your CO a call and check once. Hope this helps someone.

Hi Guys, juts FYI. If any of you guys are waiting (for more than a week) for grant after submitting additional documents requested by your CO then please give your CO a call once because it so happened with me that even after 3 weeks of submitting my docs I didn't get grant/any kind of response but when I called my CO to check whats the status he said routine check-up and immediately within 15-20 mins i got my grant.

So better to give your CO a call and check once. Hope this helps someone.

Even though still to hand in police check?

Surely ALL documents are needed, and surely its the CO's job to inform you as soon as the PR is granted?

Cheers

Mine me did the same y'day too. Hopefully it means something good, fingers crossed!!

Looks like there is three of us in that boat!!! Mine had been stuck on "required" for ages since before Xmas, and then only yesterday like yours it changed to "received"...

I think we can safely assume someone has looked at our files again :)))

Hopefully within a few days we should hear something! My CO is from Adelaide Team 4, I've read that this team is quite hard to get hold of! I've emailed 3 times with no reply so must be true haha...I will take the advice of Sumit though and wait a week before calling them if I can locate a number that works as the one on my CO letter doesn't work :(

So I took Summit's advice and emailed my C/O to see if she had heard anything more about our medicals and 2 hours later we've got our GRANT!! :jiggy:

Good luck to everyone still waiting, looks like they're up to speed so shouldn't be too much longer!!

GRANTED??? Visa Granted?? Well Done!!! Worth the e-mail then!!

I take it you have submitted your Police Checks also??

Looks like there is three of us in that boat!!! Mine had been stuck on "required" for ages since before Xmas, and then only yesterday like yours it changed to "received"...

I think we can safely assume someone has looked at our files again :)))

Hopefully within a few days we should hear something! My CO is from Adelaide Team 4, I've read that this team is quite hard to get hold of! I've emailed 3 times with no reply so must be true haha...I will take the advice of Sumit though and wait a week before calling them if I can locate a number that works as the one on my CO letter doesn't work :(

I am with Adelaide Team 3, and have had no problems what so ever with my CO - even getting a e-mail wishing me a merry xmas and happy new year!!

Good Luck

We submitted everything except for Oz police certificate which C/O requested and medicals. One of our medicals got referred. MOC must've cleared their backlog as it got cleared pretty fast.

Definitely worth the email!

I'm still awaiting my Police check from the UK. I might go e-mail anyway ;)

cheers

So I took Summit's advice and emailed my C/O to see if she had heard anything more about our medicals and 2 hours later we've got our GRANT!! :jiggy:

Good luck to everyone still waiting, looks like they're up to speed so shouldn't be too much longer!!

Woohooo Congratulations javi1979!!!

I didn't email CO as was going to wait a week til I did that....BUT....I woke up this morning to a grant notification letter!!!!!! Over the moon!! :jiggy:

Hopefully all those others who had their statuses changed on the 6th to "received" also had their grants come through!!! Congratulations to everyone who has, and for those who haven't yet had it, worry not I'm sure it will come through soon...:))

Congratulations to all of you who are over the moon as akara said!!! :ssign19:

I'm in Dec 190 visa gang, but I'm reading your thread, too. I'm waiting for CO and deciding whether we should do our medicals before getting CO or wait for CO's instructions.

Congratulations to all of you who are over the moon as akara said!!! :ssign19:

I'm in Dec 190 visa gang, but I'm reading your thread, too. I'm waiting for CO and deciding whether we should do our medicals before getting CO or wait for CO's instructions.

Thank you everyone :))) It hasn't yet sunk in I don't think...plus now it means have to start all the other malarky of sorting stuff to send, shipping, banking, etc etc....haha

LadyB, I'm not sure how the 190 differs from the 189 visa, but if the visa requirements show that a medical will be required it might be an idea to get it done becos they will request one from you anyway if it is a requirement. The only time you might want to wait for CO request is if you have any conditions, because then you will need a specific type of medical test. I had TB a few years ago so I had to have other checks done as well.

If I recall correctly, I had the LogIn for the online visa thing as soon as I was invited to apply, so I reckon you should be able to fill in the medical questionnaire which determines what sort of a medical you require, it will then give you a HAP ID which will allow you to book your medical. I booked my medical before the CO requested it as the questionnaire outlined the type of medical I needed to have done. I can't remember where exactly I got the link for that from though :( pretty sure it was a straight forward link that just appeared on the account page along the lines of "determine whether you need a medical examination". My advice on booking the medical is to go for one that does e-medical if you have the option (so submits your results online for you rather than gives you the results in paperform - it's much quicker and one less thing for you to send off)

Also advice to anyone who hasn't yet been assigned a CO and is waiting for a "request of additional documents", start filling in the Form 80 incase they request this from you. It is a very long form and asks for quite a bit of history so if you get started now...it'll be easier for you. Luckily I started collating info for mine early but didn't think they would ask me for it and I would be lucky, but sods law they wanted it! Either way there's no harm in filling it in. Also you are free to upload it anyway even if they don't request it, so they have more info and less likely to ask for more!

Hope the above is of some use to someone :)

Edited by AKARA

Javi1979 not sure about when I am moving, hoping to be out of here by April but a relative of mine is having a baby so contemplating staying for the birth which is in June! So will have to see how my planning goes in terms of what I can get done preparing for the move!

I am fixed on a location though, heading to Brisbane QLD, was there for a year two years ago...loved it and have some friends already there so will be staying with them :) What about you?

You can order your Uk police check online mate. I got mine through today, just after speaking about it. Maybe a slight hiccup with mine, time will tell.

Enjoy Barbado's mate

I wasn't aware they could be done online within the UK :( I read everywhere and they said the it had to be done through ACRO and via a printed form that you fill out and send across. Good to know that you can do it online it must be much more efficient!