December 189 visas!!

RobRedpath

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

New to POMSINOZ but I find this forum very informative.I have applied for visa 189 at 65 points.My case officer has just asked for 2 outstanding documents though I had already uploaded everything.

1)Work experience -I had already uploaded my work experience certificate which I obtained from Ministry of health Saudi Arabia in March 2010(when I came to Australia in June 2010),this categorically states my entire work period of 8 years.I also gave them the present work experience certificate which I obtained from HUNTER NEW ENGLAND Health service where I have worked since September 2011,now my CO officer is asking for payslips,income tax returns etc?? presumably from Both KSA and Australia.Australia I can provide but KSA after 3.5 yrs is going to be difficult.

2)Police clearance from Saudi Arabia and India(my country of origin)-In the last 10 yrs I have not stayed in India For more than 4 months cumulatively and to my knowledge Police clearance from there is needed only if I stayed there for a cumulative period of one year.

It is already mentioned in the DIBP website that Saudi Arabia does not issue Police clearance certificates for foreign National not present in the country and I just have the Police clearance I had from Indian embassy in Riyadh when I came to Australia.

Sorry for the long story but my question is how to explain all this to the case officer ? and how technical can these points be in view the proofs that I have already provided the CO.:confused:

how long did you have to wait for your medical? can you be in within a couple days?

Depends who you see and how busy they are but usually need to book about a week ahead. Might be able to get in in a few days. Will also depend on how many of you there are in your family. The bigger the family the longer the appointment time they'll need to have space for.

Hi everyone,

New to POMSINOZ but I find this forum very informative.I have applied for visa 189 at 65 points.My case officer has just asked for 2 outstanding documents though I had already uploaded everything.

1)Work experience -I had already uploaded my work experience certificate which I obtained from Ministry of health Saudi Arabia in March 2010(when I came to Australia in June 2010),this categorically states my entire work period of 8 years.I also gave them the present work experience certificate which I obtained from HUNTER NEW ENGLAND Health service where I have worked since September 2011,now my CO officer is asking for payslips,income tax returns etc?? presumably from Both KSA and Australia.Australia I can provide but KSA after 3.5 yrs is going to be difficult.

2)Police clearance from Saudi Arabia and India(my country of origin)-In the last 10 yrs I have not stayed in India For more than 4 months cumulatively and to my knowledge Police clearance from there is needed only if I stayed there for a cumulative period of one year.

It is already mentioned in the DIBP website that Saudi Arabia does not issue Police clearance certificates for foreign National not present in the country and I just have the Police clearance I had from Indian embassy in Riyadh when I came to Australia.

Sorry for the long story but my question is how to explain all this to the case officer ? and how technical can these points be in view the proofs that I have already provided the CO.:confused:

You're probably better off reposting this as a new thread!

• 2 weeks later...

Havent you been assigned your CO yet? I had mine within days!! Hope you get it soon mate.

I have submitted everything except my police check from the UK, but have showed my CO proof I have applied for the PC's from both the UK and Oz. She said there should be no problems and visa should be here by feb 16th at latest!! (god knows why that date though tbh!)

Good luck everyone!!!

I just submitted my EOI with 60 points and hoping for invite on the next round in January. Nice to hear that people are getting invitations so quickly :-)

Getting all the visa paper work now....can you get the medical/chest x-ray/police check done before you receive the invitation?

I can't find the E-Visa 1393 form to download can anyone help?

Has anyone been given any indication how long the visa takes to be granted if no complications arise??

No, still no word from a CO but still very early. Im going to Australia on the 28th January so possibly going to have to do my medical in Sydney and go over on a working holiday visa or tourist visa until complete!

Good luck then mate. Hope it all falls into place asap for you. Mines still not through but 1police check to hand in and thats me. Still enjoying the WA sun until i can start working!!

Good luck guys. Lodged my 189 visa application on the 07/11/13. Granted on the 17/12/13. My mate got his granted after 16 days. Just pot luck really. Won't really take any longer than 3 months anyway.

Yeah thats around the time limit i got quoted. But yes, Pot luck has a lot to do with it aswell i think!!

Either way, we'll have them soon enough

Good luck everyone