December 189 visas!!

RobRedpath

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasky,

After you submitted the visa application with front loaded medicals, did you still see under each person's Next Steps the following message:

"The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. Your case will be referred to a case officer to determine if further health is required. This page will be updated with advice regarding whether health examinations are required to be undertaken. Please note that this will not occur until a case officer investigates your case in line with published processing times for the visa that you have applied for."

I am a bit worried that it is not right, as we uploaded the HAP letters with our pictures, confirming that we completed the medical examinations requested,

Anybody else with such message?

I got my visa grant letter yesterday afternoon, so excited now :)

Just want to share my application timeline, it may be a good reference for new 189 applicants.

Sit for IELTS: 17/08/2013 Apply Skill Assessment through CPA Australia: 15/10/2013; Positive assessment (with 3 years working experience in the US) 21/11/2013; EOI: 22/11/2013; Invitation: 02/12/2013; Visa Lodged: 02/12/2013, CO assigned 19/12/2013 and requested Medical and Chinese PCC; Medical exam 20/12/2013; Chinese PCC uploaded on 02/01/2014; Visa Grant Notice: 22/01/2014

The letter indicates that I need to make the first entry before 02/01/2015, I am planning to move to Sydney in May. Anyone in the forum plans to move around the same time?

Good luck with everyone who is still going through the process and I hope to meet you guys in Australia soon!!!

Jasky,

After you submitted the visa application with front loaded medicals, did you still see under each person's Next Steps the following message:

"The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. Your case will be referred to a case officer to determine if further health is required. This page will be updated with advice regarding whether health examinations are required to be undertaken. Please note that this will not occur until a case officer investigates your case in line with published processing times for the visa that you have applied for."

I am a bit worried that it is not right, as we uploaded the HAP letters with our pictures, confirming that we completed the medical examinations requested,

Anybody else with such message?

Hi Diana - yep that's the same message I had for the whole time, even though I had done the same as you and completed medicals in advance. I just uploaded the finalised eHealth referral letter as evidence and (as you said earlier) imported the results into ImmiAccount on a separate line.

I'm sure it won't be too long for you, and thank you again for your advice so far!

Guest Guest 47403

My sister in law lodged 12/12/13 and received her CO yesterday 22/1/14 she has requested Form 80, so hang in there they will get around to you.

Edited by Guest 47403

Hi Baz,

Thank you for sharing the valuable information. I have been closely following this forum searching for news about CO allocations since I lodged my application via my agent on 20.12.2013. It appears that we will get the good news soon. Had enough of waiting....!! Want things to happen quickly!!:biggrin:

Timeline: IELTS [L – 9.0, R – 8.5, W – 8.0, S – 8.0]: 23.09.2013; Lodged for Skills assessment [iPA Australia]: 21.11.2013; Positive skills assessment: 11.12.2013; EOI: 12.12.2013; Invitation: 16.12.2013; Application lodged [189 PR Visa]: 20.12.2013; Medicals: 24.12.2013, PCC: 22.01.2014

Edited by nick1828

May I ask a quick question..

At what point is the option of a bridging visa made available in the 189 process? Is it when you lodge your visa application? can a bridging visa be arranged before medicals etc?

Hi rycoombs,

In my case, bridging visa was attached to application acknowledgement mail and it said it would come into affect once my current visa expired.

lodged my application on the 31st Dec, no CO yet....

I was contacted by my agent today and said my application has been assigned to a CO. Application logged on 20.12.2013.

Timeline: IELTS [L – 9.0, R – 8.5, W – 8.0, S – 8.0]: 23.09.2013; Lodged for Skills assessment [iPA Australia]: 21.11.2013; Positive skills assessment: 11.12.2013; EOI: 12.12.2013; Invitation: 16.12.2013; Application lodged [189 PR Visa]: 20.12.2013; Medicals: 24.12.2013, PCC: 22.01.2014