Baby P mother released from prison!

simmo

I already suggested my solution. Dish out the same punishment, on a daily basis, in prison.

I am not normally a hang em high person, but as a father, I believe you must have a sick evil in you to harm a baby the way these 2 did, and for that reason, hang em high.

As already mentioned the law is an ass, set by politicians, who are as far from living in the real world as you can imagine. Upper class do-gooders, who have never walked in a lower class society.

Where is the deterrent in all this? Kill a baby, walk in 4 years? How is that setting a standard to show as a society, we deal with evil in an acceptable manner? But the parole officer said she is ok! Want to tell that to Jill Meaghers husband? How many times do we need to accept that parole officers get it wrong, and it is the innocent people who suffer due to their incompetance?

I can accept we will never see eye to eye on this one, but old Scottish saying, opinions are like ar@"£holes, and we all have one.

So your solution to stop violence against children is to commit violence against adults?

can you not see how this is more likely to make the problem worse?

People have to be taught to be able to deal with strong emotions, and learn how to channel them in the right way.

In my opinion the right way isn't to act out violence (which is usually against those closest to you).

This goes for domestic violence, child abuse, random attacks in the city centre - violence is not the answer, it's the problem.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest41161
So your solution to stop violence against children is to commit violence against adults?

Yes, I think it would be more effective in preventing reoccurence, and a bigger detterent, than patting them on the back after 4 years, saying well done, you served 4 tough years with only the blood of one dead child on your hands.

Exit interview.........

Go enjoy the rest of your life, have as many other children as you wish, and don't worry about anything as society will give you money to live on each week. And remember you poor wee lamb, don't do it again, as it will make us look bad, and next time you might get a smack on the hand and 6 years, now toddle on and book your holiday to Magaluf, paid by the system, due to the stress you suffered in prison. Sorry we had to feed you 3 times a day, which is probably more than you fed your son when he was living. Oh don't forget, don't be a naughty mummy again.

Guest Guest16631

........when does the sympathy stop.....

.........and the hatred begin.....?

........if a abused child .......grew up and abused and battered a sibling/other child.....

........at what age does he then become culpable......?

........when do such as these human beings stop being a victim.....?

..........it's heart breaking that this happens...........but it does.............and the whole sorry mess needs solutions......

..........violence ,abuse,neglect...........all so wrong in any circumstance........for any person.....IMO.

Yes, I think it would be more effective in preventing reoccurence, and a bigger detterent, than patting them on the back after 4 years, saying well done, you served 4 tough years with only the blood of one dead child on your hands.

Exit interview.........

Go enjoy the rest of your life, have as many other children as you wish, and don't worry about anything as society will give you money to live on each week. And remember you poor wee lamb, don't do it again, as it will make us look bad, and next time you might get a smack on the hand and 6 years, now toddle on and book your holiday to Magaluf, paid by the system, due to the stress you suffered in prison. Sorry we had to feed you 3 times a day, which is probably more than you fed your son when he was living. Oh don't forget, don't be a naughty mummy again.

You our seem to have a very black or white view of this.

So it's either torture a woman to death, or the old 'nanny state giving them too much of an easy life' schtick?

They have the death penalty in the US- have a look at the stats for violent crime and murder there- it's simply not a deterrent.

Guest guest41161

Yes, black and white, kill a child, in the manner which they did, never see the light of day again.

But our wonderful society and law makers, determines she is treated with the exit interview scenario. Poor woman doing it tough.

In these cases I dont think deterrents matter..your either going to harm a child or your not..

Exactly the point...which is why parole is wrong and the only way to stop this kind of evil is to segregate them from society forever, somehow. No deterrent, no rehab, no hope...so lock em up and throw away the key. I'm not a believer in the death penalty.

sometimes there are no solutions. some people are evil. period. you cant educate and rehabilitate evil...it has to do with more than deprivation and abuse, plenty of deprived and horrifically abused people do not harbour vile thoughts and carry out vile acts. no..i believe it runs deeper and as such we fight a losing battle trying to treat all pigs as equal.

Guest guest41161

They have the death penalty in the US- have a look at the stats for violent crime and murder there- it's simply not a deterrent.

On that argument, they have the death penalty in Singapore also, have a look at the stats for violent crime and murder there- it would appear to be a deterrent.

Guest guest41161
I dont think that proves much..except for the fact that Singapore is generally a more law abiding, respectful, authority fearing society. We should ask ourselves why.

Probably because they wouldn't let people who kill children back onto their streets after 4 years in a comfortable jail with no-one wishing to upset them for fear of a complaint being made about their human rights?

Probably because they wouldn't let people who kill children back onto their streets after 4 years in a comfortable jail with no-one wishing to upset them for fear of a complaint being made about their human rights?

She didn't kill anyone

She didn't kill anyone

I think that point could be argued really Paul, ok she never pulled the trigger but she pretty much signed the poor mite's death warrant

I think that point could be argued really Paul, ok she never pulled the trigger but she pretty much signed the poor mite's death warrant

But she wasn't convicted of killing anyone, so comparing her to child murderers elsewhere is moot

But she wasn't convicted of killing anyone, so comparing her to child murderers elsewhere is moot

I am fully aware that she did not kill anyone and was not convicted of, all i am saying is that there is a very fine line between what she done and actually pulling the trigger.

perhaps not physically herself, but she sat by and saw her own child die in the most cruel and inhumane way, it's the same in my book, we can get into legal technicalities, we can do intent or willful intent or whatever, a child died in the care of the most inhumane mother ever who actually doesn't deserve to be referred to as a MOTHER, let's not forget, a child died when it should never have happened.

Guest Guest16631
I am fully aware that she did not kill anyone and was not convicted of, all i am saying is that there is a very fine line between what she done and actually pulling the trigger.

.........and it's this fine line that separates her from those that committed the crime.........

..........and is it not worth finding a solution to prevent such as her from even getting there....

..........how far behind the line does someone become truly innocent.......

..........the neighbour who just didn't want to get involved....

...........the social worker snowed under and time and experience poor......missing vital keys....

...........I agree I would just want to see her suffer as he did........more so........

............but where does it stop..........?

.............how far back does the responsibility go.......?

perhaps not physically herself, but she sat by and saw her own child die in the most cruel and inhumane way, it's the same in my book, we can get into legal technicalities, we can do intent or willful intent or whatever, a child died in the care of the most inhumane mother ever who actually doesn't deserve to be referred to as a MOTHER, let's not forget, a child died when it should never have happened.

Children die every week at the hands of their parents or carers every week - and many more are abused routinely every day.

If people spent as much time checking on the kids in their communities as they seemingly do considering sadistic punishments for perpetrators of child abuse, there would be much less abuse and neglect

Children die every week at the hands of their parents or carers every week - and many more are abused routinely every day.

If people spent as much time checking on the kids in their communities as they seemingly do considering sadistic punishments for perpetrators of child abuse, there would be much less abuse and neglect

There would be far less abuse and neglect if it wasn't for idiots apologising and making excuses for it. If the message was clear that this is not acceptable behaviour in a civilised society and if you commit crimes of this type you will be punished in a way that reflects the severity of the crime.

Bad subject for me,very emotive! in my heart i want her and the two cowards who killed the poor baby to suffer,to imagine "them" suffering broken bones, and just to see them suffer in general,but "every" day.

We cant though can we tbh?my basic instinct isn't something we can base laws on,no,the sentence should have been trebled,but we shouldn't turn to kangaroo courts,i've seen bad things happen to people because one person spread a rumour about his FIL being a paedophile,the FIL (about 60 yoa btw)was battered with baseball bats in my local,"later on",the truth came out,his son in law just hated his FIL and wanted him walloped,and he was,always made me think that incident tbh.

Doesnt change my "first" thought tho,first thought is "make them suffer worse",but we cant can we,even if it infuriates us at times,stiffer sentences would be a better solution

There would be far less abuse and neglect if it wasn't for idiots apologising and making excuses for it. If the message was clear that this is not acceptable behaviour in a civilised society and if you commit crimes of this type you will be punished in a way that reflects the severity of the crime.

Really? Do you have any evidence to support this theory?

There are fewer child murders (at the hands of parents/guardians) now than there have ever been.

This number has been falling for the last 40 years and children in the UK are safer than in many other similar countries

"But it also shows a dramatic drop in numbers since the 1970s. The authors compare the figures to nine other major developed countries and conclude that child deaths related to abuse have fallen faster in England & Wales than in most similar countries – a fall in the overall total by 66 per cent in 30 years, or 76 per cent when measured as a number per million population."

http://straightstatistics.org/article/how-many-children-are-murdered-britain-every-year

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/inform/research/statistics/child_homicide_statistics_wda48747.html

Archived