Bristol is the best City to live in, in the UK!

Que Sera Sera

Love Bristol and Bath,King st,the naval volunteer etc,the sedan chair used to be in the centre too,the lightship as well,we stayed in Bristol for the weekend of the 06 fa cup final in Cardiff,because i recommended it to the lads,yer can keep St Michaels hill tho!!

the Bristol bridge cost me a small fortune while travelling home from Yeovil, I said to mrs tonyman shall we just cross the bridge to see the view then turn around .......little did I know it was a toll and not cheap .....my sweat talking didn't work this time , though it has at the Mersey tunnel a few times ......quite vague now but was always something to do with working in Birkinhead , Merseyside ........:unsure:

the Bristol bridge cost me a small fortune while travelling home from Yeovil, I said to mrs tonyman shall we just cross the bridge to see the view then turn around .......little did I know it was a toll and not cheap .....my sweat talking didn't work this time , though it has at the Mersey tunnel a few times ......quite vague now but was always something to do with working in Birkinhead , Merseyside ........:unsure:

£1.60 a throw now the tunnel,i go thru it nearly every day

Lol,not where our digs where,over a cafe lol,try walking up there after a night in the Granary club!!!!!!!!!

LOL we lived at the top of St Michael's Hill too! It was a bugger to walk up stone cold sober carrying a baby as well!

I remember the early Banksie too - on the gable end of a house behind the library iirc

LOL we lived at the top of St Michael's Hill too! It was a bugger to walk up stone cold sober carrying a baby as well!

I remember the early Banksie too - on the gable end of a house behind the library iirc

We lived in a B+B over a cafe,cant remember the name of it,nothing trendy,just a greasy spoon really,i wouldn't have known Banksie at the time tbh,and i cant remember it truth be known.

We worked for a biggish company called C.H. Pearce,a builder,only a cpl of weeks out of school at 16 i was,but there was no work here so some older lads "took me under their wing",one of them,mad billy the mercenary smashed me head in with a 4ft tall vase,so they looked after me ok!:twitcy:

Lovely part of the world tho,i love the south west:notworthy:,its a hell of a hill St Michaels for sure,especially carrying a baby!:laugh:isnt there something about Bristol and Rome and seven hills btw,or am i dreaming?:wacko:

Bath is much nicer than Bristol, at least aesthetically. I've been to Bristol a few times and it's never struck me as somewhere I'd like to live. The trouble with these 'charts' is that they measure lots of things that don't make much of a daily impact in terms of quality of life.

Bristol has improved massively in recent years. A large amount of development by the harbourside, the city centre and more have made it a much nicer city to live in/visit. I really liked it and was very happy living a 15 minute drive from the city centre but living in a totally separate small town.

Sure it has its crappy areas like anywhere, but it is a good city to live in IMHO. Work, social life, stuff for kids, education options and so on. Plus ease of access to London, Wales, the north and the south west, great location.

Archived