Update 10 months after returning to the Uk

blobby1000

Another thread where I have to remind people that this is a public forum, if you do not like people to question your posts then don't post personal information. If you do you have to take the flack. We are adults here not school children.

Try to keep on topic and I don't think visiting the docs is a good discussion.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
My GP opened his doors at 7.50 yesterday.......................bet ya don't get that in the UK :goofy:.............................mind you, I was at the front of the queue and still didn't get seen till 8.45..................Bet ya get that in the UK.

Note: change of location for those tired of hanging around supermarkets

And why would the doc's open that early in Oz Johndoe?Ilived in a country town in Oz and mine did'nt open until 8.30am,and I never got in the same day either,usually had to wait atleast a couple of days if not more.I hardly ever go to the doc's.but when I do,its the same wait time I had in Oz.Had to have some tests recently,and only had to wait a week for a hospital appt.

• 4 weeks later...
The bottom line is this: if you leave your home country, there must have been a reason. It's not something you do on a whim, after all. So there's no point in going back, unless that reason no longer applies.

Because people are forever trying to move forward...unfortunately being on the arse end of the world is a huge backward step for some and coming back to the UK is a forward step. That's the bottom line grass ain't greener for some down under its burnt brown and lifeless.

Because people are forever trying to move forward...unfortunately being on the arse end of the world is a huge backward step for some and coming back to the UK is a forward step. That's the bottom line grass ain't greener for some down under its burnt brown and lifeless.

What do you mean by arse end of the world?

*Ahem*

Let's not get into a slanging match please. Don't want to have to exercise the old mouse finger more today if I can help it ;)

Thanks in advance and all that.

Usually people who emigrate are discontented with life in their home country for some reason. Then when they get to they new country and encounter a few difficulties, (which they will), they think back to the Old Country with rose-coloured glasses, and conveniently forget all the sh!t that drove them to leave.

I've known quite a few Brits who came to Australia, didn't settle and looked forward to going home - only to come back again. Once they got back to the UK, they remembered what had driven them to leave in the first place. So it's vitally important for anyone contemplating a return, to sit down and analyse why they left, and why they expect it to be any better if they go back.

Of course, if someone was perfectly happy in the UK and only came to Australia because they thought it was Britain with sun and money, then they're bound to be disappointed in Australia and going back is the right thing to do.

Thank you for the kind words, it's going in the right direction, and all is falling into place.

Are you there yet? Sorry if not, for some reason I thought you were back now. Am a bit out of the loop the last couple of months.

Either way, hope it's all good for you. Life is too short to stay somewhere if it doesn't hold your heart. Go be where you feel you will be happy. You've given it a go to find out that for whatever reason it wasn't for you. Nothing wrong returning in my book.

Guest Guest 47403
The bottom line is this: if you leave your home country, there must have been a reason. It's not something you do on a whim, after all. So there's no point in going back, unless that reason no longer applies.

Some people are just not cut out to make it in a new country, it's just when they start blaming the country they tried to move to for there failings, and suddenly the country they originally moved from becomes this Utopia better than anywhere else in the entire world it gets a little boring tbh.

Are you there yet? Sorry if not, for some reason I thought you were back now. Am a bit out of the loop the last couple of months.

Either way, hope it's all good for you. Life is too short to stay somewhere if it doesn't hold your heart. Go be where you feel you will be happy. You've given it a go to find out that for whatever reason it wasn't for you. Nothing wrong returning in my book.

Yes I am back and everything is falling into place nicely.

Some people are just not cut out to make it in a new country, it's just when they start blaming the country they tried to move to for there failings, and suddenly the country they originally moved from becomes this Utopia better than anywhere else in the entire world it gets a little boring tbh.

There are many ways of looking at this, and some of them get boring too.

Archived