rachmanning

Hi

I'm at a point where I am not sure if I want to continue as an accountant, I have the qualifications but my heart isnt in it, I lost my baby brother last year and since I have felt like there's something missing I've tried marathons for charity, climbed mountains, feel like I've been to the moon and back to find something that makes me happier... I realised life is too short and to do the things that make you happy, this crappy office with the same crap everyday just aint helping!

I only rent I have no husband, a job I can quit with a 1 month notice and I am 22... this is the only time in my life I can up and go... I'm petrified as there is so much to organise but i want to do a working visa in Australia, I don't care where, I don't care what work, I will do anything.

I have a few mates to fall back on there, I have given my self a target to have gone by next May (2014) but if any one is in the same sort of situation or can help suggest a good place to start I would be really grateful.

Aaaaah that's too sad........ however you have a great attitude that will stand you in good stead for an adventure in Aus- & you might travel on the first leg alone but you won't be able to avoid meeting people on the bigger journey- you'll probably end up never coming back if you're anything like my girl anyway! There's a lot to see & do, so if it's a WHV read as many threads on here (& google of course) as you can & see how others have got on.There's always the option to extend the 1st one into a 2nd year too- & if you have the "right" quals for Australia who knows where you'll end up! Have a great time :)

Hi

I'm at a point where I am not sure if I want to continue as an accountant, I have the qualifications but my heart isnt in it, I lost my baby brother last year and since I have felt like there's something missing I've tried marathons for charity, climbed mountains, feel like I've been to the moon and back to find something that makes me happier... I realised life is too short and to do the things that make you happy, this crappy office with the same crap everyday just aint helping!

I only rent I have no husband, a job I can quit with a 1 month notice and I am 22... this is the only time in my life I can up and go... I'm petrified as there is so much to organise but i want to do a working visa in Australia, I don't care where, I don't care what work, I will do anything.

I have a few mates to fall back on there, I have given my self a target to have gone by next May (2014) but if any one is in the same sort of situation or can help suggest a good place to start I would be really grateful.

Im very sorry to hear about your brother, thats really sad :(

Best of luck with your plans!

Hi

I also lost a younger sibling last year. It is very sad, worse than losing aged parents as it defies nature doesn't it. I am in my 40s (she was 39), we will miss out on many years ahead, but she is at peace now.

I think a WHV could be just the tonic you need. My advice is to go for it, but give yourself enough time to save up so that you can do it comfortably and enjoy yourself a little before you need to replenish the funds. I just read a thread this morning from a WHV holder who ran out of money after seven weeks and is feeling a bit jaded by the experience so prepare properly and save, save save...

sorry to hear about your brother, and sounds to me like a great idea to chill out experience some things and gain new memories and most importantly a new direction in life. Take the time out and decide when you are ready good luck with everything x

Go for it, I lost my sister in law a few years ago (aged 41) and a best friend last year (48) and it brought my life back into focus, the silly bickering with my husband was so pointless in the whole scheme of things so we made a momentous decision to move out here on a 457 (leaving our 2 kids back in Uni in the UK) and give our life another go, it has bought us closer together and as i sit writing this in the garden having my morning coffee with the sun shining (in the middle of winter) and my kids here on a 3 month visit, I realise that life is far too short, give everything a go, don't live with 'what ifs'. Your young with a good job to fall back on, enjoy your life now and coming to Oz on an adventure would be a fantastic tonic. I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do x

I lost an (older) brother this year. I know it can make you re-evaluate lots in your life. My condolences for your loss.

I'd say go for it. I quit my job in a bank when I was mid 20's to go on a WHV and it was fantastic. I didn't emigrate then but it planted the seed for emigrating which we did in 2011 and haven't looked back.

Good luck!

Archived