Second applicand IELTS

Ligia Cristina

I submitted my EOI on 29.07.13, now I have to confirm the SS for WA. My partner (second applicant) didn't take IELTS yet. He plan to do it on October. When will his test results be needed? He should have take it before lodging the EOI?

Is there any problem taking the exam later? I guess I wont receive any invitation to apply for a visa so quickly, so please advice ...when will his test be needed? Thanksss

• 3 weeks later...
I submitted my EOI on 29.07.13, now I have to confirm the SS for WA. My partner (second applicant) didn't take IELTS yet. He plan to do it on October. When will his test results be needed? He should have take it before lodging the EOI?

Is there any problem taking the exam later? I guess I wont receive any invitation to apply for a visa so quickly, so please advice ...when will his test be needed? Thanksss

You will need it before the entire process is finished, provided that you don't request points and it's only about not paying the additional installment.

It has nothing to do with SS.

Why is your partner taking IELTS? You say they are the 2nd applicant, do you mean they are an additional applicant on your visa? If the IELTS is needed because you are claiming partner points or as proof of language ability (if you're from a non-English speaking nation) then you need to have the IELTS passed in order to apply for your visa once the invitation is received. You don't necessarily need to have it done when you submit your EOI but its wise to have it in place so you know it's done. For first applicants you need to have it done before if you're claiming for points based on your score.

If your partner is taking IELTS purely to prove English language ability then if they are from a country that has English as a first language from birth (there's a list of countries accepted on skillselect or DIAC websites from memory) then there is no need to take IELTS.

4.5 points for the 2nd applicant was also valid when we migrated.

I would recommend your partner does his IELTS asap, otherwise you have to pay the 2nd instalment (in case your partner hasn't got a passport where English is the mother tongue, British, Irish, US, Canada).

• 2 weeks later...
Oh well there's my 3rd attempt done today!!!

Speaking topic was about a sporting event. Alot better than my last one! (Cargo ships)

I so wish that was my final test!!! :-)

Just in case you didn't already know this, and if it helps anyone else, if you're not happy with your given subject in the speaking test you can request a different topic.

Archived