Healthy Eating

HappyHeart

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest26012
I normally make a big pot of Scouse,then give me arl fellah some,and freeze the rest,havent been arsed lately tho,been too busy doing the hse up

http://www.scouser.com/scouse-recipe/

thats a stew then pabs, good old English fodder! I put mine in the slow cooker before I go to bed after nights. Smells gawj when I wake up. Trouble is, cos there's only two of us, we end up eating it for days lol!

I buy the ainsley harriot cous cous, dead easy for lunches, just throw some veg or tomato and cucumber and red onion, bit of protein, tuna , salmon or chicken...nice healthy lunch

i've got cous cous i might have some for lunch... but i have nothing to go with it lol only frozen veg and meat that needs defrosting first

You never do bacon ribs,cabbage and spuds Fi? i havent done it for weeks either,i make it into a soup,rather than just throw the water,after ive boiled them in the first lot of water,i throw that,then simmer in fresh water,with veg stock,barley,lentils,onion and carrots,then in with the cabbage for a bit,then pour over boiled or mashed spuds,with crusty bread and red cabbage

Never done bacon ribs Pabs...sounds nice though. Have you ever done corned beef pie? I bought a tin of corned beef this week..havent had it since in England, expensive here! Corned beef, potato and onion in a pie...its gorgeous.

Not really,ive made corned beef hash,with onion in,then put it in a roasting dish and browned it off,try the Bacon ribs fi,you'll love them,nimps,just make sure you change the water after simmering them for a cpl of hours,wash them off under the tap,superb! i might do some today,have a day off,do nothing:jiggy:

Edited by pablo

I love mash pabs...mash with carrot is nice, or carrot and turnip/swede...sweet potato mash is nice too. One of my faves is lamb chops, carroty mash and veg.

Colcannons the best Fi,i do it with spring onion,cabbage and leek,try it,lovely,as is mustard mash,with the milder wholegrain mustard

Hubs has got a healthy chicken curry on the go! We're having wraps with it so quite healthy I think?

Who cares lol,just get it smashed me arl Cow!i dont eat curry very often tbh,i reckon if i could open a greek takeaway/delivery place i'd be rich,love greek,but hardly any places do takeaway