what have you done today to get to the uk

beach pig

Well we have the packers in tomorrow, so what haven't I done today to get us back ;) Its hard hard work, especially these last few weeks, with little support and 4 young un's! For the last few weeks, while the OH has been at work through the day, I've been packing / running house / looking after children etc and then by 8pm when they're tucked up, we're working till about 3am sorting out and packing. We've lived here a long time and have a lot of crap we wanted to clear, so opted to self pack the non fragile stuff so we could clear it out! But bitterly regretting it now! The cats went to the cattery today and they leave next week. Kids last day at school wednesday and we leave this Saturday!!!

Hi Geordee, do you mind sharing how much you have been quoted for shipping? There are a lot of threads for shipping UK to Oz but not much for the reverse route. We are looking to go from Melbourne to Bedfordshire and probably using a 20ft container. Thanks.

I have had a tentative approval the the company will pick up all the relocation costs if we do sometime in the future. There actually pretty keen as the cost difference in flights is $4k each trip to work in favor of the UK. might at a push get an interest free loan for a deposit on a house.

Well we have the packers in tomorrow, so what haven't I done today to get us back ;) Its hard hard work, especially these last few weeks, with little support and 4 young un's! For the last few weeks, while the OH has been at work through the day, I've been packing / running house / looking after children etc and then by 8pm when they're tucked up, we're working till about 3am sorting out and packing. We've lived here a long time and have a lot of crap we wanted to clear, so opted to self pack the non fragile stuff so we could clear it out! But bitterly regretting it now! The cats went to the cattery today and they leave next week. Kids last day at school wednesday and we leave this Saturday!!!

Good luck with your move. Hope all goes well. Can't wait to be in your shoes with house sold and tickets booked.

Oh GOOD LUCK!!! You will be back here soon and it's so so so worth it. I was exhausted by the time we left and I'd lost about 5kgs in weight (no bad thing!) with all the running about. I feel for you. You are almost there now. Wishing you all a safe journey back and look forward to hearing how you are settling in x

Archived